• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Objective points
07-25-2016, 08:31 PM,
Help  Objective points
In my Bridges scenario I made all my Objectives neutral at game start, the allies go 1st, they capture a few and the points are showing up, however when the axis capture one, the points do not adjust back down.

Is this correct?

Am I going to need to redo my objectives in order to keep the allies from being the only ones scoring objectives?

Dev
Faith Divides Us, Death Unites Us.... "We were never to say die or surrender" -- Chard
Quote this message in a reply
07-26-2016, 05:30 PM,
RE: Objective points
Hey Dev,

Yes it is correct.

From page 72 of the manual:

1) Control of Objectives: Certain hexes on the map are deemed important enough that the side that controls them at scenario end gains extra Victory points or denies those Victory Points to his opponent. Only the player designated as being the "First Side" (generally, but not always, the attacking side) gains Victory Points by controlling an objective - and only at the end of the scenario. The "second side" (also the side moving second in a Game Turn) simply gains a benefit of controlling Objectives by denying those to his opponent.

So regardless of which way you set objectives at the start, Allied control, Axis control or neutral. The side that moves first will only get points for them in the VP tally. The second side gets no points, they only get satisfaction by denying them from the first side.

In your example the Allies go first and start capturing objective hexes and get points. The Axis goes second captures other objective hexes and get no points. But if the Axis captured the same objective hexes back the Allies just did then the Allied total will go down. The Axis total does nothing.

You must have a lot of objective hexes in the scenario and they all started "neutral" OK that's fine. Therefore as the Game being played progresses somewhere in the future (say as an example the start of turn 19) all the objectives will be controlled either by the Allies or the Axis and there will be no neutral objectives anywhere. The Allies will only show points for objective hex control and the Axis will show nothing. Then if the Axis capture back objectives held by the Allies, the Allies total will go down the Axis total will still show nothing. You can see that in the victory dialog box. Boxes in the center marked "First Side" and "Objective Points".
07-27-2016, 12:29 AM,
RE: Objective points
Thanks John!, I was actually reading the darn manual again myself.. Sheesh,, talk about reminiscing the old days! LOL

FIXED and I already swapped out the OBjs and posted a corrected file (v2.0.1) up for those who are interested in it.

Dev
Faith Divides Us, Death Unites Us.... "We were never to say die or surrender" -- Chard