• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

World War One Mod!
07-26-2016, 10:51 AM,
RE: World War One Mod!
I know, a common misconception. It did end up being mostly like that but there were a lot of fluid battles! Everyone thought the War would be over quickly, unbelievable! There is so much material for scenario's, some folks have expressed a desire to make some, I can't wait! I want to make some more dealing with the Austro-Italian conflicts, and others in the Balkans.
Meine Ehre heisst Treue

http://www.cslegion.com/
Quote this message in a reply
07-27-2016, 03:08 AM,
I am currently working on a Morhange 20th August 1914 scenario drawing on the Spearhead "Marching to War" booklet with further terrain and OOB data drawn from the HPS France 1914 game. Fritz von Below's XX1 Army Korps attacking the French 39th Infantry Division. Like a lot of the Spearhead II scenarios this one converts to a 24 wide by 16 high map in CS WW1 mod .

Issues encountered so far

1. the German August 1914 OOB in CS WW1 mod does not include 15cm SFH (Heavy Field Howitzer) units at the Kops level or 4 gun batteries of it in the platoons section so I have had to build the unit up 2 per battery from the 2 gun sections that are there and add a heavy horse team for each section. No big deal however.

2.Also to speed up game play it would be handy to have single infantry company units of up to 32 strength points for all armies as with the 10 strength point tank companies available in the "Platoons" section of the Russian and Soviet OOB files in CS East Front.

All this can be got round however and I hope to have play testing for Morhange underway by the end of the week.
Spearhead II also has its own yahoo group which I have joined and there are a very large number of additional scenarios (including many middle and late war ones) available for download here.

This just gets better and better

Regards
Ian
07-27-2016, 07:02 AM,
Looking through Nafzigers WW1 oob's, I'm not finding too many Corps that actually did field the 15cm. Set up in peacetime, in war they were used in batteries usually, not very often whole Regiments.

Looking forward to this, thanks for your interest!
Meine Ehre heisst Treue

http://www.cslegion.com/