• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

World War One Mod!
10-12-2022, 07:28 PM, (This post was last modified: 10-12-2022, 11:24 PM by Verdun1916.)
RE: World War One Mod!
This is a mod I really need to try out now that I've got my John Tiller's CG installed again! Looks awesome!

Does this mod work with the 2.02 version of the game?
Quote this message in a reply
10-14-2022, 07:00 AM,
Should the WWI v1.1 folder be put in the main game directory or within the Mods folder?
10-14-2022, 09:22 AM,
(10-12-2022, 07:28 PM)Verdun1916 Wrote: This is a mod I really need to try out now that I've got my John Tiller's CG installed again! Looks awesome!

Does this mod work with the 2.02 version of the game?

I don't think so as is, I see in my master copy of it that I was experimenting with 2.02, but it made some functionality of the mod disappear, ie gas and a few other functions.
Meine Ehre heisst Treue

http://www.cslegion.com/
10-14-2022, 09:26 AM,
(10-14-2022, 07:00 AM)Verdun1916 Wrote: Should the WWI v1.1 folder be put in the main game directory or within the Mods folder?

No, unzip it into the John tillers Campaign Series Folder, so it will be it's own game like EF, WF, RS, etc. Let me know if you need anything, it has been a very long time since I messed with this mod!
Meine Ehre heisst Treue

10-14-2022, 05:32 PM,
(10-14-2022, 09:26 AM)Warhorse Wrote:
(10-14-2022, 07:00 AM)Verdun1916 Wrote: Should the WWI v1.1 folder be put in the main game directory or within the Mods folder?

No, unzip it into the John tillers Campaign Series Folder, so it will be it's own game like EF, WF, RS, etc. Let me know if you need anything, it has been a very long time since I messed with this mod!

So I did as you said.
I used the JSGME within the WWI v.1.1/WWI v1.1 folder to activate the three mods that shows up.

Once that was done I had to scroll down and click on the World War One exe file to be able to start it. However once I try to start a scenario the game crashes and I get a Windows message that in order for the program to work I need to install an app called DirectPlay. I get the choice of installing it (which has failed every time I have tried it) or to skip the installation.

So I must be doing something wrong.

Cheers
10-16-2022, 01:45 AM, (This post was last modified: 10-16-2022, 01:46 AM by Hawk Kriegsman.)
I got the same message but was able to install. 

I have a different question.  Is there a help manual available?  I hit F1 but get nothing.  

2nd question. 

The first scenario has some French 75's and German 7.7cm artillery units but they do not appear in artillery dialog.  I found a scenario where there are Belgian 75's that do not appear in artillery dialog. I then found the same with other countries as well.   

I did find a scenario where the same French 75's could fire indirectly. 

So, not all artillery can fire indirectly?

Please advise.
10-16-2022, 11:07 AM,
(10-16-2022, 01:45 AM)Hawk Kriegsman Wrote: I got the same message but was able to install. 

I have a different question.  Is there a help manual available?  I hit F1 but get nothing.  

2nd question. 

The first scenario has some French 75's and German 7.7cm artillery units but they do not appear in artillery dialog.  I found a scenario where there are Belgian 75's that do not appear in artillery dialog. I then found the same with other countries as well.   

I did find a scenario where the same French 75's could fire indirectly. 

So, not all artillery can fire indirectly?

Please advise.
Yes, a lot of it is direct fire only.
Meine Ehre heisst Treue

10-16-2022, 11:52 PM,
So I finally managed to get Direct Play installed and the modded game starts. However I have no top screen menu bar once I've started a scenario. Which means I can't save, turn of the back ground sound or music or unse any ot the other functions of it. Nor can I exit the game without using ctrl-alt-delete.

Am I missing something here? Howeving the mouse at the top screen doesn't make it appear, nor can I find any button to activate it in the lower screen menu.
Is there any perticular hot key I need to hit for it to appear?
10-17-2022, 01:29 AM,
Try hitting the "M" key. That should bring the top menu visible.

Good luck!
10-18-2022, 06:26 AM,
(10-17-2022, 01:29 AM)Big Ivan Wrote: Try hitting the "M" key. That should bring the top menu visible.

Good luck!

Thanks, Big Ivan! Found that myself eventually after alot of key testing!