RE: WF 3D Textured Terrain Mod
You are quite welcome!
Meine Ehre heisst Treue

http://www.cslegion.com/
Quote this message in a reply
08-13-2020, 04:10 AM,
(07-11-2016, 02:46 AM)zap Wrote:
(07-10-2016, 09:46 PM)Warhorse Wrote: Not an issue at all, like Ed said, you will see it, they won't, it doesn't change any code or how the game performs, just aesthetics!!

I appreciate the come back now to load the mod. Thanks for taking the time to do it.

I apologize for my ignorance, but what's a "swapper".  I don't get out much, lol
08-13-2020, 09:28 AM,
I believe Mike is referring to the left and right windows in the open JSGME.exe file, found in the main hierarchy of the John Tiller's Campaign Series directory. First, add the mod to the mods folder, then go back and open jsgme.exe. The available mods should show up in the left window. Highlight the one(s) you want and use the arrow to move it to the right window to activate.

NOTE: I don't get out much either, but I'm pretty sure that's the way to do it.  Smile

Dave
Resolve then, that on this very ground, with small flags waving and tinny blasts on tiny trumpets, we shall meet the enemy, and not only may he be ours, he may be us. --Walt Kelly
Send this user an email
08-14-2020, 02:06 AM,
Thanks Dave, I'll give it a try
10-06-2020, 06:16 AM,
(08-14-2020, 02:06 AM)Windhund42 Wrote: Thanks Dave, I'll give it a try

Yes, that's it! Sorry, just saw this now!
Meine Ehre heisst Treue

02-01-2023, 07:03 PM, (This post was last modified: 02-08-2023, 04:21 PM by Sean.)
I downloaded and have tried this Mod and thought it was very cool.

It got me thinking though,

(Question 1)
Is there a Board Game Mod for the 3D graphics Mode?
As in a 2D slant for the 3D graphics?

Edit. I even tried a slightly modified version of this for West Front and that works really well.
I just removed the file  Tro-Terrain3d.bmp (and the 4d and 5d version of this also)  (corresponds to Buildings basically), and left everything else. 
I wanted my East Front Game to look at least a little different from WF.

Also after playing with this Mod a little while now ,I have sorta lost interest in a 2Dish 3D Map Mod ,since this is Mod is too good not to use.
02-01-2023, 07:12 PM, (This post was last modified: 02-01-2023, 07:14 PM by Sean.)
(Question 2)
Another question,
if I look at a file in your mod ,
for example "Brown3d.BMP" ,

I notice there is 36 green tiles ,all a bit different,then a row of mesh tiles,then sand tiles and then a single mesh tile.
With the green tiles, are these only present to add map variety in game and do not have a game effect other than good looks? (in contrast the CSME 2d map tiles signify height from memory)?
Do these 36 different tiles have a similar effect here.

And the other tiles ,the mesh and sand ,what do they do in game?

Is the Sand to show a Sand hex ,and the Mesh?
02-13-2023, 10:31 AM,
Sand is used on the beaches, and the mesh is what the program uses to shade hexes for night, visibility etc.
Meine Ehre heisst Treue