• Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Questions regarding tactical symbols
07-01-2016, 04:19 AM,
c_Question Mark  Questions regarding tactical symbols
Hi
does anyone know what set of tactical symbols the Panzer Campaigns series uses?
I guess some kind of old NATO set, has anyone a link to such a set?

And can I somehow track down if a specific symbol from 2DSymbolsLg.bmp is used in the game?
Is the symbol a unit uses stored in the OOB?

Cheers
Quote this message in a reply
07-01-2016, 07:31 AM, (This post was last modified: 07-01-2016, 07:34 AM by 76mm.)
RE: Questions regarding tactical symbols
Not sure what set of tactical symbols it uses, but think the symbol used is tied to a letter code towards the beginning of line in the OOB files (open in text editor like Notepad). But not sure how you'd guess what the letter code is for which symbol; some are pretty obvious (ARM, ENG, INF), but others probably less so...
07-01-2016, 07:53 AM,
Page 111 in the user manual lists the symbols.
07-02-2016, 08:56 AM,
@76mm
I feared that, I had hoped the player can set the symbol himself but if the symbol depends on the unit type and the movement type there is no way to do that unless the unit list in the OOB editor gets expanded.
That is also a pitty because certain unit types seem to use symbols that don't depict them correct, like an artillery symbol for a infantry-gun unit or a heavy weapon infantry symbol for a mortar unit.

@Al
Good but I would like to know if the symbols are based on something official. I ask because the graphics of the MapMod use a V for the anti-tank units instead of the ^ that I usually find. Just wanted to check the correct symbol.