• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Next PzC Purchase - Need Some Insight
06-18-2016, 08:28 PM, (This post was last modified: 06-18-2016, 10:18 PM by Kool Kat.)
Help  Next PzC Purchase - Need Some Insight
Gents:  Smoke7

I am contemplating my next PzC purchase - isn't that always the case?  Wink 

My birthday is rapidly approaching in July - as you get "more mature" isn't that also always the case?  Yikes Looking to buy myself a present!   Salute4

I currently own Sicily 43 and Salerno 43... and look to buy another game in the Panzer Campaigns - Mediterranean series.

What can players tell me about Tunisia 43?  Idea2

What I look for in my PzC titles:
  • Mobility - Conducting large sweeping offenses and quick, reactive defenses
  • Grand scale - Large operational areas with limited unit counts
  • Campaign scenarios - Good selection of 60 - 140 turn scenarios. I play the larger scenarios exclusively.
  • Tested for HTH play - I want "balanced" scenarios designed for human versus human play

What has been your experience with Tunisia 43?
Regards, Mike / "A good plan violently executed now is better than a perfect plan executed next week." - George S. Patton /
Send this user an email
Quote this message in a reply
06-19-2016, 01:15 AM,
RE: Next PzC Purchase - Need Some Insight
(06-18-2016, 08:28 PM)Kool Kat Wrote: Gents:  Smoke7

I am contemplating my next PzC purchase - isn't that always the case?  Wink 

My birthday is rapidly approaching in July - as you get "more mature" isn't that also always the case?  Yikes Looking to buy myself a present!   Salute4

I currently own Sicily 43 and Salerno 43... and look to buy another game in the Panzer Campaigns - Mediterranean series.

What can players tell me about Tunisia 43?  Idea2

What I look for in my PzC titles:
  • Mobility - Conducting large sweeping offenses and quick, reactive defenses
  • Grand scale - Large operational areas with limited unit counts
  • Campaign scenarios - Good selection of 60 - 140 turn scenarios. I play the larger scenarios exclusively.
  • Tested for HTH play - I want "balanced" scenarios designed for human versus human play

What has been your experience with Tunisia 43?
First, happy upcoming birthday! The following is purely my opinion, but here you go:

I like Tunisia '43. It has the feel of the desert titles but is a bit more diverse in terrain types. I like the later war equipment, so it has a desert feel but with more modern units...which I enjoyed. At least for the Germans! Here are more direct answers to your questions:

[*]Mobility - Of the 2 campaigns I played, this was the case. The others look that way except for 2, but that's from a purely start of scenario glance.
[*]Grand scale - 5 of the 6 campaign scenarios have large operational areas, but 3 of those 5 have pretty  dense unit counts-didn't make a noticeable issue for me when I played 2 of them, however.
[*]Campaign scenarios - Pretty good, 6 of 14 total scenarios have 60+ turns (43%)
[*]Tested for HTH play - Excellent-all of the 60+ scenarios have HTH versions.

To summarize, Tunsia '43 has a foundation in desert title, but plays a bit different. I enjoy the title and if you do purchase it, I'd love to play a round with you! 

Jon
06-19-2016, 08:02 AM,
Hi Jon:

Thank you for your feedback and insight!   Smile

I'll definitely circle back with you for a game... if I move forward with Tunisia 43!   Helmet Smile
Regards, Mike / "A good plan violently executed now is better than a perfect plan executed next week." - George S. Patton /
Send this user an email
06-20-2016, 09:28 AM,
(06-19-2016, 08:02 AM)Kool Kat Wrote: Hi Jon:

I'll definitely circle back with you for a game... if I move forward with Tunisia 43!   Helmet Smile

Sounds good! Jon
06-21-2016, 01:28 AM,
(06-20-2016, 09:28 AM)larsonney Wrote:

Sounds good! Jon

Hi Jon:

Sent you an email! New developments on the Tunisia Front!   Wink
Send this user an email
06-21-2016, 01:34 AM, (This post was last modified: 06-21-2016, 01:45 AM by larsonney.)
(06-21-2016, 01:28 AM)Kool Kat Wrote:
(06-20-2016, 09:28 AM)larsonney Wrote:

Sounds good! Jon

Hi Jon:

Sent you an email! New developments on the Tunisia Front!   Wink
I got the email!! The Amis are sparking up the engines now...should have it to you later today! Cheers, Jon