• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

CS Wishlist
08-11-2019, 10:50 AM,
RE: CS Wishlist
I'd like to have a way of easily filtering scenarios. So, if I was only wanting infantry only, a specific number of turns, or night battles. etc. i could filter out the ones that don't fit my criteria.
Quote this message in a reply
08-13-2019, 07:49 PM, (This post was last modified: 08-13-2019, 07:53 PM by Crossroads.)
(08-11-2019, 10:50 AM)snaekolf Wrote: I'd like to have a way of easily filtering scenarios.  So, if I was only wanting infantry only, a specific number of turns, or night battles. etc. i could filter out the ones that don't fit my criteria.

Having filters on scenario selection dialog is a neat idea, for instance it would be nice to be able to view and select certain eras, for Vietnam say Indochina War scenarios, Vietnam War scenarios, Laos Secret War scenarios, etc. 

While a complete overhaul of the front end is not on the immediate plans, here's what's planned for CS Vietnam:

- Scenario Select dialog is the same, enlargened one that came out with CS Middle East 2.0. More room to view scenario description text, more room to list scenarios, etc. 
- Sort Order is changed a bit, it is now sorted by Date by default (was: Complexity). 
- Also, visuals are rearranged a tad, so Title first, then Date, etc. Hopefully easier to read now. 
- Hot keys added: PgUp/Dn to scroll scenario listing page by page, ArrowUp/Dn then row by row, and finally, Enter to select the scenario in the active row. This in particular is quite nice, imho.
- Finally, scenario file naming convention, in geo-date-location order. Now when you Order By per filename, they are grouped, so Indochina first, then Laos, then Vietnam, etc. 

Hope this helps! 

[Image: D44F986116FE4BFD93347255C7D5DE3A.jpg]
Visit us at CSLegion.com
10-12-2020, 07:23 AM,
I'm gonna ask that all those fecking buttons be optional, to be displayed.
TOO many, man.
I'm scrolling all over the screen trying to find the range, LOS, movement, artillery, reups, and Hq ranges...

OPTIONAL!!

Plz,
Dev
Faith Divides Us, Death Unites Us.... "We were never to say die or surrender" -- Chard
10-12-2020, 10:00 AM,
(10-12-2020, 07:23 AM)RedDevil Wrote: I'm gonna ask that all those fecking buttons be optional, to be displayed.
TOO many, man.
I'm scrolling all over the screen trying to find the range, LOS, movement, artillery, reups, and Hq ranges...

OPTIONAL!!

Plz,
Dev

Don't tell me that your panties are in a knot again Dev??! I thought you had more staying power than that, but I guess I'm wrong. Propeller Hat

I like the buttons as they are and they should stay as they are!! Big Grin  

There is just one button missing on my rig that I want, "Fire ICBM's!!"  Whip

Don't change a damn thing Jason!! Helmet Wink
10-12-2020, 06:59 PM,
If I understood Dev (or is it: The Dev) correctly, he's asking the Toolbar to be optional. It is, in fact: Options -> Toolbar.
Visit us at CSLegion.com
10-12-2020, 07:00 PM,
Which game are we talking about, btw? JTCS 2.0 there's the Classic (from Talonsoft days) toolbar available as an option, too.
Visit us at CSLegion.com
10-12-2020, 11:03 PM,
(10-12-2020, 07:23 AM)RedDevil Wrote: I'm gonna ask that all those fecking buttons be optional, to be displayed.
TOO many, man.

OPTIONAL!!

Plz,
Dev

What Dev is asking is the same as I have mentioned before.  What we would like to see is not the toolbar itself be optional, but, the individual buttons be optional.  I use 5-10 at most, all the time.  The rest are very rarely or not at all.  Make it where you have it now when someone purchases the game and they can change it then.  Drag and Drop seems the bast way to do it.  How much it takes is beyond me.  But, it would only take once.

I also would like to see Air Strikes, Star Shells and Smoke have the number available on the buttons themselves instead of below them or set them like Panzer Battles in the artillery dialogue where you have a circle to click HE, one for Smoke and one for Star Shell.

There is probably other ideas in my pre-stroke days.  I look at stuff from a one armed point of view now.  It gives a little different look at things which might mean more ideas.  Y'all are still the ones that decide if it is a good idea and if it can be done or not.
10-12-2020, 11:34 PM,
Thanks, got it. I will leave this for Berto to answer, perhaps, especially as I am not that familiar as how Pz Battles plays.
Visit us at CSLegion.com
10-13-2020, 03:46 AM,
(10-12-2020, 11:03 PM)Outlaw Josey Wales Wrote: What Dev is asking is the same as I have mentioned before.  What we would like to see is not the toolbar itself be optional, but, the individual buttons be optional.  I use 5-10 at most, all the time.  The rest are very rarely or not at all.  Make it where you have it now when someone purchases the game and they can change it then.  Drag and Drop seems the bast way to do it.  How much it takes is beyond me.  But, it would only take once.

I suggested that at one point, a feature similar to the way Microsoft products work. A window with all the buttons available in one column and you move the ones you want to the other column. Similar, too, to that of JSGME for choosing mods. Berto, however, explained that he's one programmer, not a team of Microsoft developers and, in a nutshell, didn't know how to do it. Maybe that will change someday. The current system, with premade toolbars and you pick the one you want (options > toolbar > none, classic, standard, large) was the workaround he came up with to appease players who were displeased with new updates to the game.

If Berto were inclined, I could suggest that everyone list the buttons they use the most and he could make one more toolbar of the "most popular", but there will be no pleasing everyone. Frankly, though, I'm not sure he has the time. Vietnam is being worked feverishly and that's his focus right now.

Dave
Resolve then, that on this very ground, with small flags waving and tinny blasts on tiny trumpets, we shall meet the enemy, and not only may he be ours, he may be us. --Walt Kelly
Send this user an email
10-13-2020, 11:30 PM,
The one thing I find missing is being able to move your mouse cursor over any unit and see it show whether it is disrupted or not so you can fire at it again or redirect. I don't get that in ME. Have to actually click in the enemy hex which adds more clicks overall. Scrolling is much better.

I have small, standard and large. No option for classic.

I'm not worried about.