• Downloads

True then and now
06-05-2016, 12:58 AM,
RE: True then and now
Tempted  
Hey Ed..  Give me a match, I can't see how much gas we have..  Clues

Popcorn 2
Luv ya bro!
Faith Divides Us, Death Unites Us.... "We were never to say die or surrender" -- Chard
Quote this message in a reply
06-05-2016, 07:42 AM,
(06-04-2016, 09:37 AM)Herr Straße Laufer Wrote:
(06-04-2016, 06:16 AM)Battle Kat Wrote: Until then, why don't just enjoy what is out there without dwelling too much in what happened ten years ago, or what might happen months or even years from now.

Repeating errors will not be welcomed with open arms.
Thinking of all the "stuff" currently in ME to be ported over will not be welcomed at all. Good Job
Poorly made and tested scenarios are going to really suck.

It's my opinion. The day I am not entitled to it, here or anywhere else, will be interesting for that moment, eh?

Let them eat cake?
Oh, boy. Here we go again? Propeller Hat

Some got it. Some did not.

"Hey, don't be upset that your neighbors are being led off to camps. It doesn't effect you now, does it?"
"Except for that one thing, Mrs. Lincoln, how was the play?"
"Don't pay attention to the man behind the curtain. I am the Great Oz."

I stopped reading about ME/Divided Ground 2.0 when I gave away my disk.

I've got more comments but do not want to lose my posting privilege. Whistle

Farmer

HSL

Not sure what is being ported over from ME or divided ground as I have no interest in them. I wouldn't think those eras would transfer well to WW II but, what do I know. Ed, no reason to lose posting privileges for telling it like you see it :-)  I would always hope we have the option of not upgrading or updating unless we want to. I guess us old dogs are just not up to too many new tricks :-)
06-05-2016, 08:27 AM,
(06-05-2016, 07:42 AM)Von Earlmann Wrote: Not sure what is being ported over from ME or divided ground as I have no interest in them. I wouldn't think those eras would transfer well to WW II but, what do I know. Ed, no reason to lose posting privileges for telling it like you see it :-)  I would always hope we have the option of not upgrading or updating unless we want to. I guess us old dogs are just not up to too many new tricks :-)

I guess you have not read the "diaries" or "wish list" threads?
The things that are in ME that will be ported over have been explained there.

I did think about purchasing Vietnam. But, I am on the fence. I will wait to see if it is just a no sand "in the jungle bungle". If it feels or seems like ME they can count me out. Won't waste precious time on it.

As far as being able to post? That will be up to the powers that be. Hopefully the rules have not changed.

As far as not upgrading. You must have missed "JTCS will no longer be supported"?
How long before it fades at The Blitz? Or, is not supported here either?

I'd rather burn up than fade away.

HSL
06-05-2016, 08:49 AM,
(06-05-2016, 08:27 AM)Herr Straße Laufer Wrote: As far as being able to post? That will be up to the powers that be. Hopefully the rules have not changed.

Fear not. Do you know the last posting ban I had to issue was in 2011? ...and it wasn't on youBig Grin

We all get that you're unhappy, Ed. My problem is you keep bringing it up. Constant complaining doesn't change anything but the size of your audience. Nevertheless, post away if you feel you must and you know the rules as well as I do. Just keep things civil is all I ask.

Dave
Resolve then, that on this very ground, with small flags waving and tinny blasts on tiny trumpets, we shall meet the enemy, and not only may he be ours, he may be us. --Walt Kelly
Send this user an email
06-05-2016, 09:13 AM,
being unhappy is like being married, it ain't true love unless it's true love... The missed point of the complaining bears little meat.. I'm no vegetarian, but some of you fellows missed it, dude.. preachin the gospel doesn't make you righteous, unless you listen to the congregation before you pass the plate around, you're gonna get pennies when you expected gold for your time...

CS was a great game, came with it's bugs, came with it's choir, came with it's dirt.. ok, we should all have figured that out.. nothing explicit in the overall language barrier here.. the Quality of the efforts to improve are not at fault tho.. quit jumping on the cupcakes like monkeys... it's not perfect .. so stop saying it is already?
We wanted some bugs fixed, we wanted a little chrome, we got a revamped game that left a bad taste, as well as an empty wallet. That really gave a few of us the stinky finger.. Doughnut holes anyone?

just a little fixing was all it needed.. really.. all those neat new ideas are for another game, just not this one.

The Picture painting correctly yet? Have you stopped, dropped and rolled? how are those roses smelling?

Ah... the rules of courteous discussion :) they sure have changed over the years.. don't say what you mean, mean what you say.. be a man, stick it to the wall and watch 'em squirm!
Can't tell me a table top Gaming session ever goes without a few words and fist shaking or 2 LOL
Faith Divides Us, Death Unites Us.... "We were never to say die or surrender" -- Chard
06-05-2016, 04:07 PM, (This post was last modified: 06-05-2016, 04:44 PM by Crossroads.)
(06-05-2016, 08:27 AM)Herr Straße Laufer Wrote:
(06-05-2016, 07:42 AM)Von Earlmann Wrote: Not sure what is being ported over from ME or divided ground as I have no interest in them. I wouldn't think those eras would transfer well to WW II but, what do I know. Ed, no reason to lose posting privileges for telling it like you see it :-)  I would always hope we have the option of not upgrading or updating unless we want to. I guess us old dogs are just not up to too many new tricks :-)

I did think about purchasing Vietnam. But, I am on the fence. I will wait to see if it is just a no sand "in the jungle bungle". If it feels or seems like ME they can count me out. Won't waste precious time on it.

As far as being able to post? That will be up to the powers that be. Hopefully the rules have not changed.

As far as not upgrading. You must have missed "JTCS will no longer be supported"?

HSL

Here goes, my 0.02 on the two posts quoted:

Wish Lists are in a way the first line of communication as to what changes or new features are wished for. They vary from technical wishes (give us a mouse wheel zoom!) to functional requests to content wishes. It is all good, some of the wishes do make it to the games some won't. I am very much a fan of getting all things of ideas into table first, the good the bad the ugly, without being too discriminate to anyone at this stage. 

Coder and Dev Diaries are then there for the reason to get feedback before the game going live. This is what we're doing... This is what we're thinking... There's been some great discussions in them threads and I hope that continues to be so. Things are often being already developed at that stage, but changes are still very much possible.

Vietnam. Yes, there's an effort in place to make it feel as original as possible. For instance, the tropical terrain in both 3D and 2D is being thoroughly rebuilt with help of our resident Vet. New weapon systems are being considered, like Spookys, and air support attacks to recapture the effects of napalm bombing for instance are in the table. There's to be Diaries and Sneak Peeks about these to come out I am sure. 

JTCS 2.0 support will continue in a form of supporting modders for instance. Otherwise this is it, no code changes planned or expected anymore. Talonsoft CS reporting was removed just a year or two ago right, so I don't see why JTCS reporting would disappear anytime soon. 

Jason will come out with information about the new CS WW II titles once the roadmap is finally decided and planned. Maybe give him a couple of months to do so. What will work (from ME and VN) within the WW II era is a topic that we'll discuss many times over before the first new WW II title is to be out I am sure. Helmet Smile
Visit us at CSLegion.com
06-05-2016, 04:47 PM, (This post was last modified: 06-05-2016, 06:11 PM by Crossroads.)
(06-05-2016, 08:49 AM)Scud Wrote:
(06-05-2016, 08:27 AM)Herr Straße Laufer Wrote: As far as being able to post? That will be up to the powers that be. Hopefully the rules have not changed.

Fear not. Do you know the last posting ban I had to issue was in 2011? ...and it wasn't on youBig Grin

We all get that you're unhappy, Ed. My problem is you keep bringing it up. Constant complaining doesn't change anything but the size of your audience. Nevertheless, post away if you feel you must and you know the rules as well as I do. Just keep things civil is all I ask.

Dave

Dave, see how I always wear a helmet when posting in a topic like this  Helmet Wink

But yes, let us have this thread going for as long as wished right, I'll do me best to behave as well.

While wearing a helmet of course.  Helmet Smile
Visit us at CSLegion.com
06-05-2016, 09:34 PM,
(06-05-2016, 08:49 AM)Scud Wrote: We all get that you're unhappy, Ed. My problem is you keep bringing it up. Constant complaining doesn't change anything but the size of your audience. Nevertheless, post away if you feel you must and you know the rules as well as I do. Just keep things civil is all I ask.

Dave

Yup that is me the constant complainer.
Did you know that complaints go away when things are fixed and the complainer has nothing to complain about?
Or, the complainer goes away in frustration?

Team. Please give me something not to complain about so that Dave won't write that I constantly complain.

If you "got a problem" with it, then you do not have to read my posts?
I'll put a header in stating "this is another Ed complaint post" and you won't have to bore/trouble yourself to read it. How's that?
I'll post away until you, or someone else, hits the button. Then history will be made.

Battle Kat wrote:
[b]
Wish Lists
Coder and Developer Diaries
Vietnam
JTCS 2.0 Support

[/b]Wishing - for medics and medical units that effect morale, Panzer General 3-D terrain, bodies and body parts on the battlefield are great aren't they?
I wish the Team would not tear the Series apart and port over the crap from ME into it.
Diaries - are just a way to let the public know what is being done. As the series is shaped to what the programmer wants not what the public wants.
Vietnam - I wish you and the team all the best. I hope it is a great addition to the series that will make Matrix/Slitherene all the money in the world. Free of off board artillery bugs and tanks that can overrun helicopters in an assault. (Or, should that be on the wish list?)
Support - Modders kept the series going when it was totally unsupported. So, yeah for modders.
Maybe you can fix the issue with Romania blank counters in 2-D when horses should be there?

And, the old Talonsoft reporting went away? Is that for the original game? The one that no one plays anymore?
Let me know when the last game was reported on it. That will give me an idea of how long I got.

Sheesh.
Everyone else. Anyone else?

HSL
06-06-2016, 05:59 AM,
(06-05-2016, 08:27 AM)Herr Straße Laufer Wrote:

HSL

No I don't pay those threads much mind....I also have no desire to buy a Vietnam game....I have only played one game in over a year and it hasn't been all that much fun.......maybe it's not the game dying.......maybe it's me :-)
06-06-2016, 06:38 AM, (This post was last modified: 06-06-2016, 06:41 AM by RedDevil. Edit Reason: Earl )
Ignored... yes... speak to me "GDI" and I will return the favor.. stand your ground.. give it all.. but if matching wits is your fear? you're not worthy then..
Despised.. yes.... some cannot forgive and move forward... Grow up.. really..
Disheartened... yes... sadly.. Sipping my Rum and wondering where the world took a poopie..
Still kicking arse.. yes!
Still getting my ares kicked? ... yes!

Fools, quit living your life in a bowl of fish... The switch is flipped and you're gone.. if that's how you want to be remembered.. Amen to you. best of times, best of memories.

Dev want to be heard, seen and, hated even LMAO,.... Well.. Not really... but I hope you will come to your senses?

Ed has a point.. you all seem to not read the posts.. and just ramble on about your paradigm..
In the past, I used to think of Ed here, as an instigator against progress.. Sorry bro, Sorry.. how stupid was I?
I see how it all comes together. I have seen it, Silky, I have.

mates..
Leave CS alone.. fix the foul ups you've created, yes.. you made some! FIX THEM!... you're not perfect, you're human. But fix them and leave us to our games.
CS - It's a game that has withstood time, endless peddling of the code, and still shows up as a great freaking game to the scores of old folk; the younger lads want more . better. faster. perfection!
Legion guys.. stop believing you've done it all.... you've messed up, rather than FIXED the issues and yes you have given chrome and your time to try and make it better.. but....

it's wrong to assume that!

you simply made it un-enjoyable to those of us who have lived with it for years, your changes were for something else (yes.. a whole new system or game). why can you not accept that? no one hates you for your time, effort, skill.. we luv you fellows!!
We just hate that you took our venerable lovable game and made it teeth grinding at times to play. Therefore we COMPLAIN>...

What part of that do you not get?

Move forward
stop adding rooms to the apartment.
Build your own, we will come, you just have to believe in yourselves.
This is the CAMPAIGN SERIES LEGION, not JohnTiller, making things happen.. I wanna see Jason Pethro enterprises evolve into the best game system for wargamers out there.. I KNOW you can because you are gamers who care.

Mates.. all of you really!
Jason, Take the world on!- My Canuk Pal! Take it on!

Failure, only means you have a reason to excel! Fear of failure? Let's go to TEXAS and look at the 136 men in 1836...Fear?...(Ok so.. I'm Biased on Americanism, you Euros had your times, we had ours)
Failure..Bah Humbug!
We are men, MEN of this world and we shall prevail, and overcome, and make our name known.

You Legion fellows are men, show something worthy of yourselves. Quit being a part of something else trying to cover up "sheeit" and make the next adventure yours.

Dev.
sipping my rum/
loving my Bros, just wish they'd listen/
Waiting for my end too...
No one gets out alive.

EARL- we're not Dying, we're just becoming Iconic and forever young~