• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

True then and now
06-08-2016, 02:42 AM,
RE: True then and now
(06-08-2016, 12:50 AM)Jason Petho Wrote: Mind you, with CSME, of all the units sold, there has only been one who didn't like it, so we are trying at least!

I don't live in your world.
In mine, I have received private messages and e-mails from others who do not like the game. Mostly because of the unbalanced scenarios (or, that you have to play them against punching bags or with some special incantation). Others, have had issues from the start up glitches and "beta" themes.
If they wish to post here that will be up to them?

Early on, at one time, we were told that the off board artillery glitch and the overrun of helicopters only happened to one person too?
Until it was reported by others there was no one on the "team" who would listen (or care).

Thanks for painting history the way you want. I'm almost amused.

HSL

(Not a complaint post. More a "here is reality" post.)
Quote this message in a reply
06-08-2016, 02:47 AM,
It's my job to keep you amused, Ed!

Glad you're entertained.
Send this user an email
06-08-2016, 04:44 AM,
Seriously Ed, people had bugs but did not report them? How can we know of them, then?
Visit us at CSLegion.com
06-08-2016, 01:51 PM,
My 02 cents.......

Motorcycles should have a defense of 0 and 0 los abilities and if in a hex and an enemy unit moves in, should be automatic overrun costing the enemy unit nothing more than the movement points entering that hex.....nobody is there anyway, right?

Horses, if cav still operated along historical lines, then when dismounted, there would still be handlers, like every fourth or fifth soldier which would give it los abilities, but combat abilities are minimal. I suspect that was the intent with horses being able to move without the main force of riders.

Buttons - kill the smoke, illum and air buttons above and convert the smoke and illum at the bottom as the buttons. They already have the amount available next to them. But keep the images below. Air added to the bottom with the image of a dive bomber and the number available. Even to the point, that you could split into three air images for dive bombers, level bombers and fighter bombers if different planes and capabilities are implemented some day. That opens up space above if needed for anything else at some point. Everybody knows about the images at the bottom anyway.

Something to think about.
06-08-2016, 09:09 PM,
(06-08-2016, 04:44 AM)Battle Kat Wrote: Seriously Ed, people had bugs but did not report them? How can we know of them, then?

What? Batman Confused
Maybe you did not understand.
When one player had an issue but the team thought no one else had that issue, they dismissed the one, until another came forward and said "it's happening to me to". From the top down we were told "hey, we cannot repeat that on our installs. Maybe it is your machine or you have a faulty install. Why, it never came up in play testing so you cannot have had that happen."

C'mon. I did not say that "people had bugs but did not report them". Obviously you would be told if there were issues found so that you could to take care of them. I was more commenting on the way your team handled things. Though, I do know of some who were waiting to see if anyone else had the issues they did.
And, the thought that 'why report anything if you are going to be abused by the team' came to mind.
Just saying. Scale

And, you are not trying to say that there were no bugs? Or, are still no bugs in ME? Whistle

And, Jason, I am both amused and un-amused by you and your condescending comments. One thing I'll give you is that you do not disappoint. Good Job
Just can't wait to see the witty retort. Waiting

HSL
(Once again, not a complaint post. Just a tear down the strawman argument post.)
06-08-2016, 09:16 PM,
(06-08-2016, 01:51 PM)Outlaw Josey Wales Wrote: Motorcycles should have a defense of 0 and 0 los abilities and if in a hex and an enemy unit moves in, should be automatic overrun costing the enemy unit nothing more than the movement points entering that hex.....nobody is there anyway, right?

Horses, if cav still operated along historical lines, then when dismounted, there would still be handlers, like every fourth or fifth soldier which would give it los abilities, but combat abilities are minimal.  I suspect that was the intent with horses being able to move without the main force of riders.  

Buttons - kill the smoke, illum and air buttons above and convert the smoke and illum at the bottom as the buttons.  They already have the amount available next to them.  But keep the images below.  Air added to the bottom with the image of a dive bomber and the number available.  Even to the point, that you could split into three air images for dive bombers, level bombers and fighter bombers if different planes and capabilities are implemented some day.  That opens up space above if needed for anything else at some point.  Everybody knows about the images at the bottom anyway.

Motorcycle - agree but should have some extra cost when entering the hex and destroying the cycles?

Horses - do have handlers. But, should they be allowed to cohesively move around the field of battle? LOS? Which handler has a radio?

Buttons - now that we have them I am not sure I want them touched again.
And, I do not like the thought of selective aircraft used by the player. I like the old random "if and what shows up" method. Too much "real" (false real) and not enough abstract (as intended).

HSL
06-08-2016, 10:58 PM,
No wit needed, Ed, it's all genuine.
Send this user an email
06-09-2016, 12:21 AM,
(06-08-2016, 09:09 PM)Herr Straße Laufer Wrote:
(06-08-2016, 04:44 AM)Battle Kat Wrote: Seriously Ed, people had bugs but did not report them? How can we know of them, then?

What? Batman Confused
Maybe you did not understand.
When one player had an issue but the team thought no one else had that issue, they dismissed the one, until another came forward and said "it's happening to me to". From the top down we were told "hey, we cannot repeat that on our installs. Maybe it is your machine or you have a faulty install. Why, it never came up in play testing so you cannot have had that happen."

C'mon. I did not say that "people had bugs but did not report them". Obviously you would be told if there were issues found so that you could to take care of them. I was more commenting on the way your team handled things. Though, I do know of some who were waiting to see if anyone else had the issues they did.
And, the thought that 'why report anything if you are going to be abused by the team' came to mind.
Just saying. Scale

And, you are not trying to say that there were no bugs? Or, are still no bugs in ME? Whistle

And, Jason, I am both amused and un-amused by you and your condescending comments. One thing I'll give you is that you do not disappoint. Good Job
Just can't wait to see  the witty retort. Waiting

HSL
(Once again, not a complaint post. Just a tear down the strawman argument post.)

As for my comment in quotes: OK, I misunderstood your post then. 

As for the bolded part. That is what happened. 

Every bug report is seriously. Every time, the first thing done is to fire up one of our several test beds to repeat the error. 

A well behaving bug appears the same in all systems. Devious ones, as those which made the off board arty glitch, did not. Berto and I could not repeat it in any of our systems, despite you providing very clear steps as how it was. 

Difficult to shoot what you don't see, at the end Berto sent exe version after exe version for Mike to try them out, until finally one of them worked and fixed the issue in Mike's system. 

But not in all systems, as we next found out, having first thought it was squashed all right. Then, testing against that system (maybe it was Jim, don't recall anymore), more changes were made to code, and now it seems the bug's gone quiet. The bug I for one never had. Go figure. Welcome to the software development I guess.
Visit us at CSLegion.com
06-09-2016, 01:48 AM,
With the motorcycles - a couple extra movement points or something agreeable is fine to cover the extra time taken to destroy them. I just suggested the movement points into the hex because one has to start somewhere. Seemed like the easiest place to start.

Horses - I see your point about moving around. The radio as well, but there could be a radio with them so they could have possible been ordered forward to pick up what was left of the riders. But, I agree they probably wouldn't be tasked with spotting. Probably wouldn't be ordered forward under fire either. Don't know. Then again, maybe the horses could be automatically disrupted or even fixed until the riders remount or enemy gets within x amount of hexes or spotted and have to pull back a turn or two and regain auto fix again until initiated again?

Buttons - I was looking at utilizing the picture always there for the smoke and illum. The air could be the same with just one button like the way you like it. Either way is fine with me. But, I do think that when an air strike is planned, if target area is empty, they should strike at a target of opportunity. I don't care for the airstrike has been recalled unless it was put back in your unused total. I haven't noticed if it has, mine always seem to be lost. Maybe, have an airstrike on the nearest spotted enemy unit or be given a choice of available targets.
06-10-2016, 06:34 AM,
(06-09-2016, 12:21 AM)Battle Kat Wrote: Difficult to shoot what you don't see, at the end Berto sent exe version after exe version for Mike to try them out, until finally one of them worked and fixed the issue in Mike's system. 

But not in all systems, as we next found out, having first thought it was squashed all right. Then, testing against that system (maybe it was Jim, don't recall anymore), more changes were made to code, and now it seems the bug's gone quiet. The bug I for one never had. Go figure. Welcome to the software development I guess.

Fair enough. But, I would just like a little more "hey, we are not seeing what you see" than "it's just you and you are a crazy complainer" retort.

Glad to hear that work continued to straighten it out. Thumbs Up

HSL