• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

True then and now
06-10-2016, 09:42 PM,
RE: True then and now
(06-09-2016, 01:48 AM)Outlaw Josey Wales Wrote: Horses - I see your point about moving around.  The radio as well, but there could be a radio with them so they could have possible been ordered forward to pick up what was left of the riders.  But, I agree they probably wouldn't be tasked with spotting.  Probably wouldn't be ordered forward under fire either.  Don't know.  Then again, maybe the horses could be automatically disrupted or even fixed until the riders remount or enemy gets within x amount of hexes or spotted and have to pull back a turn or two and regain auto fix again until initiated again?

Buttons - I was looking at utilizing the picture always there for the smoke and illum.  The air could be the same with just one button like the way you like it.  Either way is fine with me.  But, I do think that when an air strike is planned, if target area is empty, they should strike at a target of opportunity.  I don't care for the airstrike has been recalled unless it was put back in your unused total.  I haven't noticed if it has, mine always seem to be lost.  Maybe, have an airstrike on the nearest spotted enemy unit or be given a choice of available targets.

Horses and radios. A smile came to my face. Mr. Ed, "Wilbur I see German infantry in the woods ahead. Let's go take a look. Can you let me call in the artillery?" Horse2
I think as spotter the horses should see "?" marks.
The use of horses has to be covered in "personal ROE's" because they do not operate "realistically". If they would go disrupted when they end a turn more than two or three hexes from their parent unit that would be better?

Buttons and airs strikes. I think the abstract nature of air strikes should be adhered to. Though, I like the planes not having to attack the specific target, I would want a more "intelligent" secondary target picked. The frustrating thing is to plot a strike against infantry in the open and watch as the plane changes target, flies over infantry and armor, to get at that pesky empty wagon.
For a while, early in playing, I thought the programmer hated empty wagons. Shot Gun
I do see what you are saying but I think the abstract works just fine. (Except for that secondary target.)
And, my opponents air strike always hits something important on my side. Propeller Hat

HSL
Quote this message in a reply
06-12-2016, 06:53 AM,
"Buttons and airs strikes. I think the abstract nature of air strikes should be adhered to. Though, I like the planes not having to attack the specific target, I would want a more "intelligent" secondary target picked. The frustrating thing is to plot a strike against infantry in the open and watch as the plane changes target, flies over infantry and armor, to get at that pesky empty wagon. "

How would you feel about everything in a particular hex being struck, like with artillery strikes?
06-12-2016, 07:05 AM,
Stir the Pot
Hey ?

We're gettin' off topic here? Read2 LMAO 

Wishy stuff should be posted over in that there thread of proper etiquette..
Whistle

Dev

Jester
Faith Divides Us, Death Unites Us.... "We were never to say die or surrender" -- Chard
06-14-2016, 12:38 AM, (This post was last modified: 06-14-2016, 12:39 AM by RedDevil. Edit Reason: added comment )
Not a single biter?.. Geez... are we that old anymore? break out the walkers boys...

NEVER grow up... FOREVER young!
Faith Divides Us, Death Unites Us.... "We were never to say die or surrender" -- Chard
06-15-2016, 08:45 AM, (This post was last modified: 06-15-2016, 08:49 AM by RedDevil. Edit Reason: grammer )
The Art or "finesse talent"of complaining is a magical touch one can only possess with patience and factual gathering that leaves the recipient in chaos...
Many of us fail in that factual analogy simply because our passion and general heritage (racial or genetically) background gets in the way and we stumble about trying to make sense in a speak that is understandable to the Geeks ( just using a general term relative to your demeanor here fellows) who develop our games.

WE only wish to involve you folks in seeing our world as we see it, not trying to Piss in your tea, mates..
The CS game.. (Ah our Beloved and ancient passion of many eons of pleasurable gaming..) Well we do complain because we wanted it"fixed" not improved upon..

Just a few simple tweaks, however we cannot convey our wants across the language barrier in a pleasure, coherent manner... It's all about having a TWANG OF IRISH in ya.. A stiff belt and a loud dance used to work... Albannach anyone?! nowadays we gotta use that politically correct mannerism because everyone is just so sensitive and feely hurty kinda.. well Us old school boys.. back in the day..we got our faces hit, not slapped, when we made our stand and we kicked the little shhittozie's butt when it came down to making a statement.. now that's changed.. taking us a bit to get used to it.. we wanna beat yor arse, now we gotta kiss it sorta like.. feels like that, anyways...

Does that relate how "WE" feel?

Listen... Jason, Kat, Developer's group, we love what you're doing, really.. You have the gumption to do it.. we just wanted to play our old CS game, like it was , like we wanted it to be... We're old, bro, changes are a bitch at our age... try not taking the blue pill some nights.... LOL
We really just wanted some things fixed, so we can die happy.. It's the truth here.. nobody gets out alive.. the cards are dealt... but while we're here, let us have our pie, cake or doughnuts and coffee too :)

The best we can have, is only what we dare ask for.

Dev
06-18-2016, 09:37 AM,
And so the thread dies a slow death... Nothing like leaving it hang out to wither away.. best way to cure anything you can't bear to deal with.

such men we are anymore.
06-18-2016, 10:44 PM,
Randy, it's OK. Angel
They are busy. Sweep Whip
It is not easy to make one game and destroy a series all at once? Fuel the Fire

Brings the lie to the "idle hands" theory? Angry Mob

Farmer

HSL