• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Unit Point Allocation
05-21-2016, 01:16 PM,
Unit Point Allocation
I finished my first match and what a blast it was.  I enjoy the Campaign Series and the club is great.  A minor observation.  When I played the old version Talonsoft East Front version.....trucks were just given one point per strength point.  I hated that because players would block roads and LOS with trucks and you could kill them all day and get few points.  Now I see trucks cost more and happy about that. 

It seems some point allocation is not well thought.  Superior German units are given the same point allocation as the Russians in my early experience.  A T34/85 strength point is the same as the Panther PZV.  The Panther is better with greater armor (13) and a harder hitting gun.  Not only this but according to production results,  22,500 T34/85's were produced compared to 6,557 Panthers.  That is a huge disparity and should be taken into account in the point system.  A Panther is not only a better tank, but much more difficult to produce and not as numerous.  I feel Panther should cost more per strength point but they are equal.   https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Soviet_com...rld_War_II

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/German_arm...rld_War_II

Another example is the German MG platoon.  The MG 42 platoon is much superior to the Russian MG platoon.  Yet the game allocates the same strength points to both units.  Again, the Germans have superior weapons but fewer production capabilities.  So obviously a German MG platoon should be at least one point more per strength point then the Russian counterparts just due to the limited number available making them more precious.
You could go down the list and find units that are over priced or under priced in strength points if you want to split hairs I understand.
I could be wrong and its just a rant but the game does not seem to account for units produced so German units benefit in being superior and equivalent in points to inferior Russian units.  Just my opinion.  Any thoughts?
Quote this message in a reply
05-22-2016, 06:36 AM,
RE: Unit Point Allocation
There is a difference a Victory Point and a Strength Point. 

The Strength Point is defined as the number of vehicles in a platoon. This will vary as the war goes on, but most countries will have a set amount of vehicles in their platoons. 

The Victory Point, on the other hand, is what each Strength Point of the platoon is worth.

For example:

A Panther Platoon is typically a 5 Strenght Points, meaning there are 5 tanks in the platoon.

The Panther Platoon is worth 7 Victory Points per Strength Point.

This means the Panther Platoon is worth 35 Victory Points in total (5 SP x 7 VPperSP)

A T34/85 Platoon is typically 3 Strength Points, meaning there are 3 tanks in the platoon.

The T34/85 Platoon is also worth 7 Victory Points per Strength Point.

This means the T34/85 Platoon is worth 21 Victory Points in total (3 SP x 7VPperSP)

Hopefully this helps.

Jason Petho
Send this user an email
05-25-2016, 05:30 AM,
RE: Unit Point Allocation
Hi Jason,

I think I know what Tactician says. That with the Panthers is perhaps a bad example. Anyway, you explained it well. Also bother me the loss of points of many units in proportion to their actual strength felt. A truck has 3 points, a SPW 250 well, which is not only logical. A Volksgrenadier has 5 points Just like an SS Panzer Grenadier, a special SPW 250 with 75mm gun more points than a Panzer III.
My old friend Cam engages my tank no longer on, he just shoots up my infantry, each dt. Grenadier has only one loss point less than a Panzer IV. Okay, maybe my style is to blame. :-)
What I'm saying, maybe you should revise the scoring times, if it is really possible.

hope the translation is understandable ;-)

regards Peter / panzerjaeger
Send this user an email