• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

selecting multiple batteries
02-17-2017, 06:59 AM,
selecting multiple batteries
Is this possible, anyone know? Can I somehow select multiple arty units (to fire on the same target) that are not in the same hex? As far as I can see, from the arty dialogue it's not even possible to select multiple units that are in the same hex. I assume that, manually, not using the arty dialogue, I can select multiple arty units in the same hex, and then target them onto the same target? Is there any way to multiple select arty units not located in the same hex?

Thanks,

Peter
Quote this message in a reply
02-17-2017, 02:21 PM,
RE: selecting multiple batteries
No way that I am aware of. Doesn't mean not possible, but I highly doubt it can be done.
[Image: exercise.png]
02-17-2017, 06:19 PM,
Thanks Ricky. But in that case, what did David mean when he wrote, in the 'Effectiveness of artillery' thread:

'Firstly, artillery will be very effective against units in travel mode if used en masse. The seasoned players will make you fear using travel mode in clear sight. Katyushas or a combined artillery battalion will make short work of exposed units.

Personally, we have created some conundrums for players by including artillery at battery (platoon equivalent) level in line with the rest of the the units. Unfortunately with all the current factors the impact from the 2 - 4 tubes in a battery standalone has a lesser impact. I usually combine into multi battery/battalion units to get some reasonable impact from my indirect units. The trade off is less shots both in my turn and in the defensive fire phases.'

When he writes about grouping units 'en masse' is he merely suggesting physically moving them into the same hex?
02-18-2017, 01:25 PM,
A question for David, I guess. I took it to mean - firing lots of artillery at one target, and combining batteries into a battalion strength unit. So I think primarily combining batteries into a single combined unit which will then fire as a single unit, since it is one, rather than separate battery shots, which does require moving into a single hex.
[Image: exercise.png]