• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Hello I need some advice
05-11-2016, 08:03 PM,
b_Exclamation Mark  Hello I need some advice
I just loaded the game on my PC for the first time in a long time and this is the message that I receive when I go to play it:

This application has failed to start because its side by side configuration is incorrect

Does anyone have any ideas?

Phil
-Saluti Itlnprd
Quote this message in a reply
05-12-2016, 01:45 AM,
RE: Hello I need some advice
(05-11-2016, 08:03 PM)itlnprd Wrote: I just loaded the game on my PC for the first time in a long time and this is the message that I receive when I go to play it:

This application has failed to start because its side by side configuration is incorrect

Does anyone have any ideas?

Phil

hei phil

first I have to ask do you have the latest update ?

Ole
05-12-2016, 04:25 AM,
From the Matrix site:

"The program has failed to launch" or "The application has failed to start" -- Why? 

This is aka the "side-by-side" error. 

Quote:quote:

"The application has failed to start because its side-by-side configuration is incorrect. Please see the application event log or use the command-line sxstrace.exe tool for more detail."

Most likely, you don't have the Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable Package

Make sure you get the right version for your system architecture (32 vs. 64 bit)! 
Resolve then, that on this very ground, with small flags waving and tinny blasts on tiny trumpets, we shall meet the enemy, and not only may he be ours, he may be us. --Walt Kelly
Send this user an email
05-12-2016, 05:55 AM,
Thanks Dave, pretty sure that is what the problem is!
Meine Ehre heisst Treue

http://www.cslegion.com/