• Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Forum Fodder...Dan's Haiku Corner Version 3.0
05-29-2016, 04:32 AM,
RE: Forum Fodder...Dan's Haiku Corner Version 3.0
(05-29-2016, 03:40 AM)Jason Petho Wrote:
(05-23-2016, 09:24 AM)zap Wrote: That kind of time limit could still produce a game.
But we do have, now, many scenario depicting "what ifs" after the WWII concludes. Which are very entertaining. With the new CS, being able port those scenarios "upgraded" into the new CS will work for me.

Definitely, zap.

I have been formulating one storyline per decade after world war 2 where I could see the Cold War going hot. Plus, doing that will allow for the evolution of the equipment and organizations for the various countries on the battlefield.

Very exciting indeed

Thinking about it, going decade by decade with battlefield development, Would make the transition of battlefield tactics something I could handle and maybe bring me up to speed on modern battles. And maybe even like playing modern battles.

I must of been more flexible when I was younger. I remember playing an opponent in the board game called "Fulda Gap". I remember it being fun, especially when I was able to drop tactical nukes on his grouped up forces! LOL
Quote this message in a reply
05-29-2016, 10:15 AM,
(05-28-2016, 09:40 PM)Dan Caviness Wrote: Hey Petri, very nice work on Proko, and no offense intended if I misnamed the scenario.
I'm emailing my notes.

Reading through the topic thread I spotted your earlier post about MC's and they do have some high defense, perhaps credit given to speed/maneuverability?

In addition...they spot when unloaded.
Handlers I'm assuming?
If they are unloaded and spot, I can see that, the cavalry units appear to do the same with the latest revision and most games (all the way back to black powder games) I've played always accounted for cavalry handlers after dismounting.
Terrible Swift Sword used to deduct a strength point to account for it.
I.E., a 6 strength cavalry unit would lose one or two points strength fighting on foot.

Just don't unload those MC's on a forest road, since 12 Harleys/Zundapps block as effectively as 12 Shermans/Tigers...;O)

Being a motorcycle guy...I consider my steel horse (with apologies to Bon Jovi is it?) the equal of those old flesh based monsters.  In addition, my bike does what I ask her to without a fight.  As long as I don't ask too much... Whip   Actually I need to retract that statement...a bike will bite you...hard... Whip

Or maybe I'm just a pervert who enjoys being slapped in the ass by my Japanese mistress while wearing leather?  Whistle

[Image: CBR%20at%20VIR%202012.jpg]
Mistress Honda...my high speed dominatrix... Walk the Plank

Regards,

Dan
what the heck :) DanC... my new found pal..(well maybe.. send a game over and we'll see won't we?) HA!
 If you're a mate of JB's, you should be a mate of the Devil's, we are all crazy and good old boys, especially old Jedi John.... Swish with the Saber's and watch out for loose clothing.. it catches fire..

Any ways.. my real purpose to this  post was to slap you on the ass and not like your mistress.. dude.. I'm married already! With kids..  geez.. :)
 A lot of fellows talk it up about those foreign made bikes.... Yeh some of them are pretty damn fast.. won't argue there.. back in '85, did watch my brother come in 2nd place in Drag racing with a 1450cc souped up Harley, Guy outta Baltimore beat him, Plummer's Racing was the name, in 1/8 mile dirt track championship.. missed 4th gear.. pity.. cuz he had 'em..
Bad fecking bike.. :Whip.. best time was 10.40 in 1/4... with a few grams of coke fueling the fear..
Bikes are only as fast as the balls twisting the throttle   Jester  crazy ass feckers.. speed is the ultimate adrenaline high, but I like doing it in a car.. LOL  Salute up to the bikers who bust the 150mph limits.. you fellows are nuts.. Big Laugh

oh pig poop.. I guess I'd better say something about CS to keep the thread legit, before the hands of cleansing  swifter us under the rug..  I did find that it appears most units with a SP of 1 will retreat more than 20 hexes under fire... unless.. you have a unit adjacent to them.. then they die.   Helmet Rolleyes

Big Grin
Faith Divides Us, Death Unites Us.... "We were never to say die or surrender" -- Chard
05-29-2016, 11:28 AM,
(05-29-2016, 04:32 AM)zap Wrote: Thinking about it, going decade by decade with battlefield development, Would make the transition of battlefield tactics something I could handle and maybe bring me up to speed on modern battles. And maybe even like playing modern battles.

I must of been more flexible when I was younger. I remember playing an opponent in the board game called "Fulda Gap". I remember it being fun, especially when I was able to drop tactical nukes on his grouped up forces! LOL

I tried to do that with the scenario selection in Middle East.  If one plays them chronologically, one gets to experiment with the new weapon systems at a moderate pace rather than jumping into a 1982 scenarios and being overwhelmed by the nastiness of the later weapons and their capabilities.
Send this user an email
05-29-2016, 08:05 PM,
Off Topic  RE: Forum Fodder...Dan's Haiku Corner Version 3.0
(05-29-2016, 10:15 AM)RedDevil Wrote:
(05-28-2016, 09:40 PM)Dan Caviness Wrote: Hey Petri, very nice work on Proko, and no offense intended if I misnamed the scenario.
I'm emailing my notes.

Reading through the topic thread I spotted your earlier post about MC's and they do have some high defense, perhaps credit given to speed/maneuverability?

In addition...they spot when unloaded.
Handlers I'm assuming?
If they are unloaded and spot, I can see that, the cavalry units appear to do the same with the latest revision and most games (all the way back to black powder games) I've played always accounted for cavalry handlers after dismounting.
Terrible Swift Sword used to deduct a strength point to account for it.
I.E., a 6 strength cavalry unit would lose one or two points strength fighting on foot.

Just don't unload those MC's on a forest road, since 12 Harleys/Zundapps block as effectively as 12 Shermans/Tigers...;O)

Being a motorcycle guy...I consider my steel horse (with apologies to Bon Jovi is it?) the equal of those old flesh based monsters.  In addition, my bike does what I ask her to without a fight.  As long as I don't ask too much... Whip   Actually I need to retract that statement...a bike will bite you...hard... Whip

Or maybe I'm just a pervert who enjoys being slapped in the ass by my Japanese mistress while wearing leather?  Whistle

[Image: CBR%20at%20VIR%202012.jpg]
Mistress Honda...my high speed dominatrix... Walk the Plank

Regards,

Dan
what the heck :) DanC... my new found pal..(well maybe.. send a game over and we'll see won't we?) HA!
 If you're a mate of JB's, you should be a mate of the Devil's, we are all crazy and good old boys, especially old Jedi John.... Swish with the Saber's and watch out for loose clothing.. it catches fire..

Any ways.. my real purpose to this  post was to slap you on the ass and not like your mistress.. dude.. I'm married already! With kids..  geez.. :)
 A lot of fellows talk it up about those foreign made bikes.... Yeh some of them are pretty damn fast.. won't argue there.. back in '85, did watch my brother come in 2nd place in Drag racing with a 1450cc souped up Harley, Guy outta Baltimore beat him, Plummer's Racing was the name, in 1/8 mile dirt track championship.. missed 4th gear.. pity.. cuz he had 'em..
Bad fecking bike.. :Whip.. best time was 10.40 in 1/4... with a few grams of coke fueling the fear..
Bikes are only as fast as the balls twisting the throttle   Jester  crazy ass feckers.. speed is the ultimate adrenaline high, but I like doing it in a car.. LOL  Salute up to the bikers who bust the 150mph limits.. you fellows are nuts.. Big Laugh

oh pig poop.. I guess I'd better say something about CS to keep the thread legit, before the hands of cleansing  swifter us under the rug..  I did find that it appears most units with a SP of 1 will retreat more than 20 hexes under fire... unless.. you have a unit adjacent to them.. then they die.   Helmet Rolleyes

Big Grin

Devil!  I knew there was something I liked about you...;O)  Off topic reply to follow.  I can't master this "reply" button.
05-29-2016, 08:15 PM,
RED DEVIL:

I love all MC's...no crotch rocket vs. Harley debate for me!

As a dedicated knee dragger I've ran into some very track worthy Harley's.  They do give up some horsepower, but some of these are fully kitted out with Ohlins suspension, Galfer brakes, steering dampers, slipper clutches, etc., just like my Japanese Liter Bike.  They can dance just fine.

Since I'm just running track days and a little “friendly” club racing as I get older (way too old to race any longer...let the young bucks have the fun and the broken ribs)  I've found over the years that straight line speed has very little to do with the bike's ability.  The same can be said for the rider.  Not to say I haven't pulled a few 1/4 mile runs on her!...;O)

She's good for a mid 10 right out of the box, and mine's had a little "work" as they say.  My usual road racing track is VIR (in Virginia) and we'll hit mid 170's going over the top of the backstretch.  All that's a blast, but making Turn 1 after banging three hard downshifts and sliding your knee?....better...and where you separate the wheat from the chaff.

Running 105 octane (and many dyno sessions) the Honda has run in the high 9’s.  Even with my fat rear holding her back.  Put a 5 foot tall horse jockey on her and it's mid to low 9's.  But that's not my gig really.  Knee dragger, track days, with some instruction and control riding, which is basically trying to keep the young Marines from breaking their necks learning the craft.  Usually just before they are due to deploy over seas...

If I have a pet peeve, it’s against my fellow crotch rocket “riders”.  First of all, the street is NO place to go fast, and every time I happen to be towing a trailer with two or three bikes heading to the track I’ll inevitably see some idiot wearing flip flops, shorts and a tee shirt trying to impress the world pulling triple digit speeds.  Always on a metric bike.  These idiots give us all a bad name.

I’ve owned one Harley, an old FLHR.  Had to sell her because I enjoyed dropping the hammer a little too much on that devil.  Drug some hard parts running canyons back in Cali “in the day”…;O)

Probably going to have to hang up my spurs in a few years…or after my next high side…ouch…
Turns out old men don’t bounce nearly as well as twenty year olds!...;O)

OFF TOPIC and we can take it OFFLINE if it offends.
05-30-2016, 05:53 PM,
when granddad rode a motorcycle 

[Image: motorbike.JPG]
05-30-2016, 08:16 PM,
(05-30-2016, 05:53 PM)fritzfarlig Wrote: when granddad rode a motorcycle 

Is your granddad actually in the picture?  Helmet Smile
Visit us at CSLegion.com