Send this user an email
Quote this message in a reply
05-21-2016, 10:38 AM,
RE: Forum Fodder...Dan's Haiku Corner Version 3.0
Bong!!!!

Crystal Ball

Bong!!!

Crystal Ball

I was hoping they would have taken a couple years with Vietnam. Then do a Korea. Then do a World War I.

Bong!!!

Crystal Ball

Maybe take three to five years before they dismantle JTCS. Rolling Eyes

And, they are still thinking of doing West Front first? Hamster Wheel

Just kill it already. Don't tease it. Thumb Up2 Good job!

Farmer

HSL
05-21-2016, 04:38 PM, (This post was last modified: 05-21-2016, 04:40 PM by Crossroads.)
(05-21-2016, 08:31 AM)Scud Wrote:
(05-21-2016, 05:05 AM)Battle Kat Wrote: Unfortunately, I don't believe there's UPDATEs on their way for JTCS anymore.

Are you saying the game is dead now? That's disturbing news. Why?

Dave

Sorry, was quickly going through the various fora answering questions late last night. That came out too terse.

So what I wanted to say I guess is that first yes there seems to be some suspect data values and second sorry no quick fixes for the motorcycle defence values.

The plan is to have the new CS WW II games out next instead, as Jason pointed out. Jason is the one to comment on roadmaps that was not my intention here as such.
Visit us at CSLegion.com
05-21-2016, 09:37 PM,
Insider slip of the tongue? Whistle
But, at least, it gave us an honest answer? Huh! Dead
Long live JTCS! Cheer

A pox on all their houses! Witch Pot

Farmer

HSL
05-21-2016, 10:33 PM,
Nothings changed??? No new MAJOR UPDATES planned for JTCS, new CS WWII game titles in the pipeline instead.
Visit us at CSLegion.com
05-22-2016, 02:10 AM,
(05-21-2016, 10:33 PM)Battle Kat Wrote: Nothings changed??? No new MAJOR UPDATES planned for JTCS, new CS WWII game titles in the pipeline instead.

As I stated. The death of JTCS. Whistle

A pox on your houses for un-bundling and creating the separate WWII titles. Desert2

This Just In  That will change everything, won't it? Crazy

Farmer

HSL
05-22-2016, 02:21 AM,
Your dream came true, Ed.

We stopped messing with your game.

You're welcome.
Send this user an email
05-22-2016, 03:04 AM,
The first Talonsoft game I bought was East Front II. It was a single, no bundles were out yet, that I recall. My brother and I bought it so we could do something together by email. I suspect Talonsoft started bundling the game in an effort to increase sales(?) Makes sense, but who knows?

I can't say I'm thrilled to hear the "unbundling" of the game. From a marketing perspective it's one of those decisions that makes perfect sense, logically, but when examined further, flaws emerge. Instead of strengthening the market by bundling the weak with the strong (e.g., RS with WF and EF), Matrix is segmenting the market with specifics, like ME. Not into Middle East warfare and the game doesn't get a chance to develop. Bundle it with stronger titles like EF, WF and RS and people are more willing to give it a shot (which it deserves, IMHO). Of course I'm not privy to Matrix sales numbers, so maybe I'm way off base.

Talonsoft eventually bundled, I wouldn't be surprised if Matrix, in time, does the same. Even if it's grouping new titles into new bundles and leaving the WWII bundle as is. 

Regardless, if the focus is on the new at the expense of old—EF, WF, and RS—the premier games of the CS series, I'm disappointed. Disappointment in my world is bad business...but that's me.  Smile

2cents2

Dave
Resolve then, that on this very ground, with small flags waving and tinny blasts on tiny trumpets, we shall meet the enemy, and not only may he be ours, he may be us. --Walt Kelly
Send this user an email
05-22-2016, 03:14 AM, (This post was last modified: 05-22-2016, 03:51 AM by fritzfarlig.)
when I started playing CS in 1999 all the games was separate EF WF RS and understandable but annoying, I was then away for a time from the game.  my reunion joy was big very big when I saw you could buy them together bundle I actually thought the game had stop to exist. If we separates them again, I think we are back to zero. that is my opinion. I like the new CSME especially the new modern military units but the Middle East conflict is a little too thin soup for me I think a new series of the Cold War in Europe becomes hot is the future much of the work that is done with ME can continued here
05-22-2016, 04:02 AM,
(05-22-2016, 03:14 AM)fritzfarlig Wrote: I like the new CSME especially the new modern military units but the Middle East conflict is a little too thin soup for me I think a new series of the Cold War in Europe becomes hot is the future much of the work that is done with ME can continued here

Thin soup in what sense?

NATO War is on the radar, most definitely and certain OOB's created for CSME will be able to ported to CSNW when we get there, by design.

Jason Petho
Send this user an email