• Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

The Wacht am Rhein - Round 1
08-08-2016, 05:16 AM,
RE: The Wacht am Rhein - Round 1
Silentotto and myself finished our games as well:

Mad Mike US (182) - Silentotto GE (922) (Total German Victory)
Mad Mike GE (646) - Silentotto US (292) (Tactical German Victory)

Overall Mad Mike (828) - Silentotto (1214) --> Silentotto wins.

Well played, Dave and good luck in the next round. Helmet Smile
Quote this message in a reply
08-08-2016, 07:05 AM, (This post was last modified: 08-08-2016, 07:08 AM by Hunter2.)
Whew....well A Canadian Cat and I have finished. In our second game he fielded some fanatic, hold to the last, American wild men. My rear area propaganda men are complaining that we won't get any pictures of American prisoners. Lol

Great games....he overwhelmed me in the first game and in the second game even as I was advancing steadily I was worried that he had some trap to spring.

The head to head experience is simply amazing and shows the randomness of battle. One of my Stug's became immobilized early in the second game and was useless, while another took an arty hit right on its top deck with a squad sitting on it. RIP

He wins our little war....

1st game A Canadian Cat 1000pts   Hunter2 32 pts
2nd game Hunter2 1000pts    A Canadian Cat 189pts

Difference--- A Canadian Cat +157
08-08-2016, 08:57 PM,
(08-08-2016, 07:05 AM)Hunter2 Wrote: One of my Stug's took an arty hit right on its top deck with a squad sitting on it. RIP

Wow, that's a unique one! Never seen that in 5 years + of gaming, you should post it in the Battlefront Forum's screenshot thread.

You don't have to mention whos Stug it is...   Wink
08-08-2016, 11:36 PM,
Yes, good games. Well played @Hunter2! The trap I had was those two Shermans. I sprang it too early :-(. I was doing OK at running the clock out for a while but with nothing to really hurt those Stugs (should have protected those Shermans more) I was more hope and prayer playing there at the end. Nice job using the artillery on the AT guns and keeping your juicy targets out of sight behind terrain or buildings.

I am so glad to hear that I managed a lucky shot and dropped and artillery shell on to a Stug with riders. I, of course, never saw that - sigh. It would have been a much needed morale boost for my men :-)

Well played.
Author of: Whose Turn Is It? - http://www.lesliesoftware.com/products/WhoseTurnIsIt / CMFI Sicily Pathfinders(not playable H2H) / CMBS Opportunity Knocks (scenarios, maps and mods here)
08-08-2016, 11:48 PM, (This post was last modified: 08-09-2016, 12:27 AM by Hunter2.)
(08-08-2016, 11:36 PM)A Canadian Cat Wrote: Yes, good games.  Well played @Hunter2!   The trap I had was those two Shermans.  I sprang it too early :-(.  I was doing OK at running the clock out for a while but with nothing to really hurt those Stugs (should have protected those Shermans more) I was more hope and prayer playing there at the end.  Nice job using the artillery on the AT guns and keeping your juicy targets out of sight behind terrain or buildings.

I am so glad to hear that I managed a lucky shot and dropped and artillery shell on to a Stug with riders.  I, of course, never saw that - sigh.  It would have been a much needed morale boost for my men :-)

Well played.

It's funny you mentioned the keeping behind the terrain or building. I was petrified about moving forward on your right after your AT gun took out a HT full of troops I didn't know how many you had and was hiding behind that small wooded area. It was your artillery that finally forced me to move because I didn't know what else to do. 

Good luck in the next round.

Just so you could see it.....

[Image: 18m1gb.gif]via Imgflip GIF Maker
08-09-2016, 04:15 AM,
So, things sort of went according to plan. Glad you felt worried about moving freely - that was the goal. Now, if only I actually had something I could have done to your forces when the moved.

You gotta love the fog of war in this game. I felt very disappointed with that artillery strike because I knew there was a lot of targets in there but it seemed like the shells hit nothing at all and the Stugs and HTs just drove away.
Author of: Whose Turn Is It? - http://www.lesliesoftware.com/products/WhoseTurnIsIt / CMFI Sicily Pathfinders(not playable H2H) / CMBS Opportunity Knocks (scenarios, maps and mods here)
08-10-2016, 01:41 AM,
Hi Ian, did you get a chance to take a look at our file?
08-10-2016, 04:08 AM,
Oh oh what file? I am sorry if I forgot all about something I was supposed to do - refresh my memory - please.
08-10-2016, 09:12 AM,
One of my games with Nort, how do we proceed? We've tried rolling back a few turns but it still crashes on Go. I sent you the file/passy, will resend.
08-10-2016, 11:09 PM, (This post was last modified: 08-10-2016, 11:10 PM by Bootie.)
Waiting for a file back from Cyrano. If your out there pal drop me a turn... I sent off turns 56 and 66 a week ago. Hope they got through.