• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Spectating the CMFB Wacht Am Rhein Tournament
04-25-2016, 02:28 AM, (This post was last modified: 06-13-2016, 07:08 PM by noob.)
Spectating the CMFB Wacht Am Rhein Tournament
Being a big fan of watching H2H CM games on You Tube, I would dearly love to spectate the upcoming rounds of the CMFB Wacht Am Rhein tournament.
This could be possible if the movie turns, and passwords of the games, were voluntarily uploaded to the net for spectators to download after each round was completed.
Is this technically possible for the admins of the site to do ?
Quote this message in a reply
06-11-2016, 11:52 PM,
RE: Spectating the CMFB Wacht Am Rhein Tournament
Think you could ask some players to share their dropboxs postings... and their passwords.
06-12-2016, 12:16 AM,
This would require the consent of both players, I think.
Some might be embarrased when they just got steamrollered and the opponent hands out the files showing that.

Otherwise I find the idea quite interesting.
I'd love to see some of the other matches in the "WAR"-Tourney (LOL, best acronym possible), to see how those players approached the tactical challenges.
06-12-2016, 11:47 PM, (This post was last modified: 06-12-2016, 11:49 PM by noob.)
After giving the subject more thought, I think it's probably asking too much of the CM community to give potential opponents that much of an insight into their tactics. Especially the players that play tournaments.
06-13-2016, 11:08 PM,
I just do what's necessary.
Anyone can have a look at that. Even you, as actual opponent of mine. :)

I do have some reservations towards active players of the Tournament, though.
Maybe we could have a "Share & Discuss"-Thread after the Tourney!?!
06-14-2016, 12:47 AM,
I agree - sharing is fine by me. The issue of actually offering up the files is the size. I meant to look and see how big my turn archive is for this game but didn't. I strongly suspect I would not be able to host it on drop box due to its size.

I like the idea of a share and discuss thread after a round is over.
Author of: Whose Turn Is It? - http://www.lesliesoftware.com/products/WhoseTurnIsIt / CMFI Sicily Pathfinders(not playable H2H) / CMBS Opportunity Knocks (scenarios, maps and mods here)