• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

WMD
04-24-2016, 04:21 AM,
c_Question Mark  WMD
Hey...I've played Danube Front '85 a bunch of times but no one has ever used the WMDs. Does anyone have any experience using them in a game of DF'85? 

How does it affect play balance and the Soviet advance across Germany? Does it appear to favor NATO or the WP? Does it seem to add or detract from the game?

Thanks.

Tom
Quote this message in a reply
04-24-2016, 04:33 AM,
RE: WMD
It has been several years since I played one the MC titles and used WMD.

All I remember is that I nuked my opponent and the game ended on that turn in which we had only played through half of the scenario turns.

After feeling "robbed" from doing this, we elected to not go that route again.
04-24-2016, 04:43 AM,
In various games I have played, not just of Danube Front but others with nukes, they seem to me to result in a tougher time attacking. Routes can be blocked by the radiation, large attacking stacks hit hard, etc. So that is my impression, they will result in a much more static game in general.

Rick
[Image: exercise.png]
04-27-2016, 05:43 AM,
OK, thanks guys, that's kind of what I figured....just didn't want to start something as the WP that I would regret.   Tempted 

Tom
04-28-2016, 03:11 AM,
What RickyB said. If everyone agrees to a house rule of no WMD, there will be strong stacks along the front. If WMD is a possible option, units would be more spread out to avoid destruction. It does make a mess with blocking hexes, especially an intersection with many roads. I believe it stays for the duration of the game. It has been years since I have seen that in a game and only the one game.
04-28-2016, 04:41 AM,
FASCAM are bad enough! Working around radioactive and chemical hexes, especially at river crossings would be a real pain. Particularly if the hex was contaminated by my own fire!