• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

CLOSED:CM tFB Battle for Chaumont Axis oponent sought
04-16-2016, 09:35 PM, (This post was last modified: 04-18-2016, 10:03 PM by burroughs.)
Opponent Wanted  CLOSED:CM tFB Battle for Chaumont Axis oponent sought
Closed: thank you.

As per thread subject - I'd like to do the two attack / defence scenario set in a row, playing as the Allied side. Level elite, I'd say that after a year with CMX2 + Modern I am somewhere between average to medium quality player. Turns down to one or two a week, I won't service anything faster due to other commitments I have just rearranged. Mail me or answer here if interested or need to know more, I'll get in touch then. Dropbox served.
Quote this message in a reply
04-18-2016, 12:06 PM,
RE: CM tFB Battle for Chaumont Axis oponent sought
I will happily be your axis opponent in both
04-18-2016, 10:02 PM,
RE: CM tFB Battle for Chaumont Axis oponent sought
Thanks, but by the time you answered I had already found an opponent. Besides I wouldn't offer a mirror match or switch sides afterwards anyway.
04-19-2016, 06:07 AM,
RE: CLOSED:CM tFB Battle for Chaumont Axis oponent sought
I wasn't suggesting that is the only way I would play you, may I ask why you would not switch sides?
04-23-2016, 06:21 PM,
Yeah, sorry for the belated reply - the reason is the fog of war. Otherwise it's much like playing chess which is a game of calculations so I don't play chess not being a human computer in a direct meaning of the term. A field commander even on a tactical level rarely ever has a full access to the OpFor characteristics. Of course , the other thing is what is being done with that, but still Monty didn't inspect Heeresgruppe "B" in detail prior to Market-Garden. Actually quite opposite - he refused to give credit to reconnaissance and intelligence reports with a well-known result.
That sort of reason ... even though the example is from operational to strategic level.
04-25-2016, 11:06 AM,
(04-23-2016, 06:21 PM)burroughs Wrote: Yeah, sorry for the belated reply - the reason is the fog of war. Otherwise it's much like playing chess which is a game of calculations so I don't play chess not being a human computer in a direct meaning of the term. A field commander even on a tactical level rarely ever has a full access to the OpFor characteristics. Of course , the other thing is what is being done with that, but still Monty didn't inspect Heeresgruppe "B" in detail prior to Market-Garden. Actually quite opposite - he refused to give credit to reconnaissance and intelligence reports with a well-known result.
That sort of reason ... even though the example is from operational to strategic level.

no problem, I actually agree with you, I don't like mirror matches in scenarios (qb's are a different story) while they are going on simultaneously, but I do enjoy revisting and taking the otherside after some time has gone by.