• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

First Blood part 1 PzKorps V Dev
04-13-2016, 08:09 AM,
Feedback Needed  First Blood part 1 PzKorps V Dev
Well... the best way to get something discussed is well... to discuss it!

First Blood   This is my favorite scenario for early war gaming. The Poles really do have a chance to kick some Germans all over the map.
 I took on Herr pzrKorps and it was a resounding Polish victory but i digress that he might have been playing against a stacked deck... not only to mention a fossilized veteran of days past... there is no mercy from the Devil.. It's all hell and it's all mine!  Rolling Eyes 

So here's my 1st Eval of a scenario in over 10 years, I sent this to Gary in an email as well, I hope he will reply  here and give us an insight of the pain...  Whistle

I actually find fault in several things, but they were to my advantage, It will only be fair if they repeat themselves for you, so we shall see... The ENG that shot at the tankette twice rather than shooting at the INF  that moved into the space I think cost you that battalion of tanks, I think in my assault later. I guess you has OP fire settings limiting to only fire at armor?

The Ambush of invisibility was another fluke, I know i shot 12-14 times and you didn't see a single shooter??. that's a serious failure on the hidden shooter 50% die rolls  - almost like the game got "stuck in a rut"?
 I will elaborate on the rut thing.. When Talonsoft 1st intro the game, we all complained about the lack of randomness in shooting, as it seemed if your shots were missing/ hitting - they ALL missed/ hit for the turn, unless you did something to  break the sequence such as go to a completely different area on the map and move someone or do a shot all alone. That would reset the die rolling , so to speak.  it seems to still linger, but not as badly.

The death of 2 leaders from shooting and Art is.. well amazing, I cannot remember a game where that has happened before (other than losses from assaults) getting a leader was a rarity before.. they must have adjusted the percentages on them some? I think that took your steam away more than the ambush...

A morale destroying turn usually seals the fate of many players, you did not let it stop your plans or cause you to just toss troops away.. That makes you a great opponent, and I know you will get the payback. Well done, even in defeat there is victory!

Any one care to weigh in? Please feel free to and generate some life back into the BEST place on the web.

Dev
Faith Divides Us, Death Unites Us.... "We were never to say die or surrender" -- Chard
Quote this message in a reply
04-17-2016, 06:08 AM,
Flare For_#1  RE: First Blood part 1 PzKorps V Dev
[Image: f360fbc4bforange%20flare.gif][Image: 589fcf119bjester%20laughs.gif]yeah your still a devil at heart Randy my friend.
04-20-2016, 05:12 AM,
RE: First Blood part 1 PzKorps V Dev
Talk is pretty sparse here it seems..

So... We're setting up the flip side of First Blood now, Going to see if there really is some sort of Gypsy curse on the Germans here.. Gary has had his house exorcised this past week so it's just a matter of time now LOL
Faith Divides Us, Death Unites Us.... "We were never to say die or surrender" -- Chard
04-20-2016, 11:26 AM,
A quick post to include the match up with the outlaw Wales.... The Germans were able to secure a major win by virtue of overwhelming fire power.. well.. really.. I simply was able to slay his TP7s and hold off his retaliatory attacks without much damage, Wales was doing a great job just didn't have enough fire power to slow down the German juggernaut. I was able to attack from 3 angles and it was just too many targets and not enough shots to close it out.
Mark played an excellent game IMO and I hope he thinks the same. Looking forward to flipping sides with him as well, to see how my Polish Forces hold up..

Well done that man! A beer to his name.
04-21-2016, 07:57 AM,
Cheers to the shark bait!

cheers

HSL
04-21-2016, 03:10 PM,
Hehehehehe....    the Polish Gypsy curse has again fixed it's gaze on the German aggressor.  Randy, have a phone number for ACME Exorcist, but they didn't do my Germans much good either.
04-22-2016, 02:07 AM,
geez.. nothing like watching the Calvary charge and slaughter a biker gang ... those poor Beemers.... all tossed into the river.. had they been Harleys, I'd have to file an official protest.. but nevertheless we shall remember their gallantry in driving forward into unscouted territory like Custer on a mission.. The Sioux would love to have seen such heroics.. err.. wait..they already did...
04-27-2016, 07:59 AM,
so we're slowly recovering from the agony of having lost 3 platoons of bad ass bikers to a horsey par..tey
the eventual fall of Poland simply awaits us with baited breath

actually...I'm REALLY struggling with how to assault Gary's town defenses, I no longer have the ability to hit him from 3 sides simultaneously and will have to take heavy losses in my attacks for sure.
04-28-2016, 02:58 AM, (This post was last modified: 04-29-2016, 12:55 AM by Outlaw Josey Wales.)
I have to say, First Blood was a good choice for a scenario. It was a lot of fun. People who know me know I don't care what scenario/size/side/balanced/unbalanced no matter. I have already won just by being able to spend time playing a game. Every one of us should feel the same by starting with that same win. Devil hasn't lost any of his sneakiness, prowess or skill. I started by trying to get my forward outpost back to the main force rather than sacrificing them in the forward town and was mostly successful. The Poles are not to be taken lightly. when I had the opportunities to shoot with the TP7s and 37mm AT guns, they scored some kills on the German armor. It seemed I had a tougher time with his Infantry. I just couldn't hardly hurt them much. It was a very fun scenario, especially because Devil kept me thinking the whole time. I thank him for that.

The same goes for all my opponents. They have all been fun fights, even though I lost most of them. Fun first, everything else is icing on the cake. :)
04-28-2016, 01:36 PM,
Gents,

Would any of you be willing to test my Poland '39 custom scenario 'Death Road at Oltarzew' (it's a re-design of Bump in the Night, with a more accurate Axis OOB, strengthened Allied forces and night rules and starshells)? If so, it can be downloaded from the H2H section.

Schwerpunkt75