• Blitz Shadow Player
  • Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

So is this place like a freaking grave yard?
09-20-2016, 06:50 AM,
RE: So is this place like a freaking grave yard?
(09-20-2016, 05:01 AM)Jason Petho Wrote: It's actually a win/win for everyone.

You get your game left alone.

And those that want the new bells and whistles get it in the new packages.

The only problem with that is that's where we got into trouble with the old Talonsoft versions with the map files that wouldn't translate and everyone on a different page. I actually got accused of cheating because of a version problem in a team game. Left a bad taste in my mouth for a long time.

Hopefully you guys will knock one out of the park and everyone will want the upgrades, but I suspect calls for a game, in addition to personal rules of engagement will have to include which version(s) of the game.

...but oh well. I'll play 'em all.  Smile

Dave
Resolve then, that on this very ground, with small flags waving and tinny blasts on tiny trumpets, we shall meet the enemy, and not only may he be ours, he may be us. --Walt Kelly
Send this user an email
Quote this message in a reply
09-20-2016, 06:56 AM, (This post was last modified: 09-20-2016, 06:56 AM by Jason Petho.)
Quote:The only problem with that is that's where we got into trouble with the old Talonsoft versions with the map files that wouldn't translate and everyone on a different page. I actually got accused of cheating because of a version problem in a team game. Left a bad taste in my mouth for a long time.

Dave

That shouldn't be a problem this time, as the version won't be directly compatible, much the same as the compatibility between Divided Ground and Middle East.

Jason Petho
Send this user an email
09-20-2016, 08:14 AM,
(09-20-2016, 05:01 AM)Jason Petho Wrote: It's actually a win/win for everyone.

You get your game left alone.

And those that want the new bells and whistles get it in the new packages.

Once again you don't get it at all. Fishing3
Sad.                                            Hooked

Farmer

HSL
09-20-2016, 08:18 AM,
(09-20-2016, 08:14 AM)Herr Straße Laufer Wrote: Once again you don't get it at all. Fishing3
Sad.                                            Hooked

Farmer

HSL

Feel free to explain it.
Send this user an email
09-20-2016, 05:04 PM,
Next year marks the 20th anniversary of the original Talonsoft's East Front ...

My, time flies !
Visit us at CSLegion.com
09-20-2016, 10:10 PM,
(09-20-2016, 05:04 PM)Battle Kat Wrote: Next year marks the 20th anniversary of the original Talonsoft's East Front ...

My, time flies !

Been reading over the thread. OK, what's a "DLC"??? To me it's a 'data leak component'.
Helmet Wink
Send this user an email
09-20-2016, 10:42 PM,
Downloadable content Helmet Smile
Visit us at CSLegion.com
09-21-2016, 04:03 AM,
(09-20-2016, 06:56 AM)Jason Petho Wrote:
Quote:The only problem with that is that's where we got into trouble with the old Talonsoft versions with the map files that wouldn't translate and everyone on a different page. I actually got accused of cheating because of a version problem in a team game. Left a bad taste in my mouth for a long time.

Dave

That shouldn't be a problem this time, as the version won't be directly compatible, much the same as the compatibility between Divided Ground and Middle East.

Jason Petho

Does it mean all current scenarios would be unusable with new games. Will there be a feasible way to convert the scenes somehow? It would be a pity to loose all thi great work done by many designers.

Another question, any chances of a playable demo or some means check out the new game before committing to buy....
09-21-2016, 06:12 AM,
(09-21-2016, 04:03 AM)PawelM Wrote:
(09-20-2016, 06:56 AM)Jason Petho Wrote:

Dave

Jason Petho

Does it mean all current scenarios would be unusable with new games. Will there be a feasible way to convert the scenes somehow? It would be a pity to loose all thi great work done by many designers.

Another question, any chances of a playable demo or some means check out the new game before committing to buy....

Directly, no. Indirectly, most likely. 

I don't believe a demo will be available.
Send this user an email
09-21-2016, 06:43 AM,
Way too early to worry about yet, but if need be we can start a new forum and ladder for the new versions and call the present forum and ladder "Classic." If, that is, the new game is too much of a departure from the old. I don't see any other way of doing it(?)

Dave
Resolve then, that on this very ground, with small flags waving and tinny blasts on tiny trumpets, we shall meet the enemy, and not only may he be ours, he may be us. --Walt Kelly
Send this user an email