• Blitz Shadow Player
  • Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

So is this place like a freaking grave yard?
09-17-2016, 11:14 PM,
RE: So is this place like a freaking grave yard?
(09-17-2016, 10:49 PM)Battle Kat Wrote: Hello zap,

Yes, that's correct. Core games, with additional content available later. Too early to talk about any pricing in detail, and ultimately that is for Matrix / Slitherine to decide, but intention is the pricing would support this model.

This is also a model that follows the size of the development team. I'd imagine EF III 1939-41 would be a full game in itself, for instance in comparison how games come out with content. 60-80 scenarios easily, plus the campaigns on top of that.

I'm still stuck on the two parts. Then two prices. revelation of this. I'm just as not as enthusiastic as  you when you present this to us. Too many questions left to be answered. One is what happens to the data base of scenarios here? Oh well, guess I'll wait
Quote this message in a reply
09-18-2016, 02:18 AM,
It's early days for any details, there'll be updates as progress is made. The plan calls for one major update (CS:ME 1.03) and two new games in CS: EF III and VN for next year, so yeah I am a bit keyed up about that for sure.
Visit us at CSLegion.com
09-18-2016, 06:39 AM, (This post was last modified: 09-18-2016, 07:05 AM by Richie61.)
(09-17-2016, 10:40 PM)zap Wrote: I've been supportive with the updates so far but this is something changed from what I understood with the East Front West front?
Am I understanding correctly, that the content of East front and West Front now will be offered in segments not one package. Because "as you say" it will come out sooner.
Just to clarify before I steam over. The DLC  or second half will be offered for another charge? Or not.

The way I see it per Jason's comments at Matrix it's going to take (2) DLC's to complete the Eastern Front alone.
Then Western Front is going to be (2) DLC's after the base game. Pacific is the same. IMHO that is boat load of cash
to pay and time span to wait for.

I sometimes wonder about the current direction of Matrix / Slitherine more and more.......

I do feel for the small design team. They can only do so much as a tiny group :(
"Ideals are peaceful. History is violent."
09-18-2016, 07:04 AM,
Quote:Matrix it's going to take (2) DLC's to complete the Eastern Front alone. Then Western Front is going to be (2) DLC's after the base game. Pacific is the same.

Yes, that is correct.

Quote:IMHO that is boat load of cash to pay

Pricing is over a year away from being determined. DLC content is planned to be cheaper than the core games.

Quote: and time span to wait for.

Building takes a lot time, unfortunately.
Send this user an email
09-18-2016, 07:10 AM, (This post was last modified: 09-18-2016, 07:11 AM by Richie61.)
Jason,

I added to my first post. I really do feel for your small design team.

Thanks for the quick reply!

And I more than know the history of Matrix / Slitherine. I buy most of my PC games from them like all the Panzer Corps titles, Battle Academy and Battle Academy 2 (which they pulled the plug on) and Order of Battle - plus lots of other titles.
I more than understand their market model - LOL!
"Ideals are peaceful. History is violent."
09-18-2016, 08:34 AM,
(09-18-2016, 07:04 AM)Jason Petho Wrote:
Quote:Matrix it's going to take (2) DLC's to complete the Eastern Front alone. Then Western Front is going to be (2) DLC's after the base game. Pacific is the same.

Yes, that is correct.

Pricing is over a year away from being determined. DLC content is planned to be cheaper than the core games.

but thank you for continuing this great wargame I have long thought it was dead and buried   Thank You Sign
09-19-2016, 06:50 AM,
(09-18-2016, 08:34 AM)fritzfarlig Wrote:
(09-18-2016, 07:04 AM)Jason Petho Wrote:

Yes, that is correct.

but thank you for continuing this great wargame I have long thought it was dead and buried   Thank You Sign

Not sure what is going on........but,.......will say ........if it ain't broke....don't fix it
09-19-2016, 04:23 PM, (This post was last modified: 09-19-2016, 04:47 PM by Crossroads.)
Once we can show details and screenshots I think you guys will notice it will be anything but same-old-same-old. Alas, not quite yet though.
Visit us at CSLegion.com
09-20-2016, 02:40 AM,
I'm with you Earl. Thumbs Up

Seems that they are hell bent on doing it. I was hoping they would do all the other titles before messing with the bundle. They do not care what the customer thinks or says.
The unwashed masses will love "cake". Let them eat it. Whistle

But, I am with you in every aspect of your thought and emotion. Popcorn 2

Cheers6

HSL
09-20-2016, 05:01 AM,
It's actually a win/win for everyone.

You get your game left alone.

And those that want the new bells and whistles get it in the new packages.
Send this user an email