• Blitz Shadow Player
  • Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

So is this place like a freaking grave yard?
04-14-2016, 04:43 AM,
RE: So is this place like a freaking grave yard?
Boisforas here, I think you might have 'schooled me in my early days at the Blitz, good to have you back in play. As for a freaking graveyard, you must have missed the low down dirty rancorous give & take over CSME.   :)  The forum has just now calmed down(a bit)about ME in general & is gearing up for CSVN. I think most of our heroes are catching their breath before the next big "halftrack" issue comes along. A historical note about the halftrack issue: it was a big bone of contention in the early issues of Avalon Hill's The General(per PB/PL)  & still hasnt been settled. If you still have room for a game, Iam at your service. Boisforas
Quote this message in a reply
04-14-2016, 06:51 PM,
Boisforas, I sent you a PM for a game.. I like a foe with no fear! I may be rusty.. but I got my WD40 out.

Cheers!
Dev
Faith Divides Us, Death Unites Us.... "We were never to say die or surrender" -- Chard
04-17-2016, 06:04 AM,
Flare For_#1  RE: So is this place like a freaking grave yard?
(04-11-2016, 04:28 AM)Von Earlmann Wrote:
(04-09-2016, 06:18 AM)RedDevil Wrote: Wow... I  looked at the threads posted here..  really has this game gotten that old that no one wants to BS about it anymore?

So lets see what's the most talked about topic ever in this forum?

HALFTRACKs and how to piss everyone by using them like tanks....
 ok  so that's got it smoking...  now for some gas...

Been a while and I see several new things in my game Screen..  TEM and concealment and morale..  so 1 thing at a time, who wants to revisit old pains and screams about how this stuff works and explain to me what the hell this TEM thingy is?

read the manual?.. really?... talk to me instead and I want it in English, not geek... so I can respond in heart and with passion.. so be ready to deal with it like a grown up..  Jester 

I remember 20-30 posts a day in here, So lets try to get at least 5 to start up the revolution..

oh and BTW  Fresh meat on the table, come get some... suckers Big Laugh I will take on a few more games of no BS good game ethics type fighting with the occasional got me on that move, but watch out on the flip side, buddy...

Hey Dev...........glad your back...........but, it is not like the old days here anymore. Altho every once in a while the halftrack thing still generates some interest :-). Middle East thingy seems to be the major interest but, not for me.

LOL The Devil is back causing mayem get in there Randy.
04-20-2016, 05:14 AM,
One of the things that's always bothered me with this series is the inability of the defender to see his fortifications and mines if they were out of LOS.. I KNOW we handed out maps of the mine locations to everyone.. but some of these poor slobs just walk right into them
Faith Divides Us, Death Unites Us.... "We were never to say die or surrender" -- Chard
04-25-2016, 11:11 AM,
Campaign Series. Still the greatest game ever created by mankind.
Extreme Assault = still horrible.

No matter how much World of Tanks, and now World of Warships may take up my time, CS is still the best.

Bought Gary Grigsby's War in the East on sale for $40 a couple of months ago. But like a cat playing with the mouse before he devours it, still haven't played it yet.

See ya' on the Rhine! Wacht am Rhein.
04-25-2016, 03:31 PM,
Ahhh ...

The good ol' days.
05-05-2016, 11:50 PM,
An interesting book to read for anyone really is called "Schone Zeiten" "The Good Old Days"

Beliefs and theory are really tested here.. one must have an open mind and a tolerance for the absurd to relate or even identify with the writing of this book.. I liked having the opportunity to dwell on the absence of conscience and will recommend this book to anyone who feels that haven't read enough about the Holocaust....

Pure evil, yet simply mankind at it's worst. Don't be shy, read and cry for our species.
09-09-2016, 08:50 AM,
Stopping by to say hi, and glad to see the site is still up and running. I also see some of the folks that used to pummel me on a regular basis. Congrats on keeping it up and moving forward troops.

Chuck Durst
09-10-2016, 02:58 AM,
(04-10-2016, 12:22 AM)RedDevil Wrote: in response to the posts..

PzK-
TEM - so this means that I'm not firing with everything into a hex anymore? The modifier is in addition to or an improvement over the original games' hex modifiers for defense. Not only does the attacker pay a penalty to shoot into a hex, but the defender gains some chance to beat off the entire attacking factors as well. isn't that a bit of a conundrum .. 2 times the penalties just to try and whack something out of the woods etc..? does artillery suffer from this modifier? anyone would think that artillery would benefit from being able to attack down onto a hex, without having any serious penalties against it's fire. towns and villages would possibly ,but they would be just as dangerous, if not more dangerous for troops hiding in them due to the stuff flying around?  no?
In our game you're having difficulty in seeing my AT guns? that would explain something, at first I thought you were just being easy on me and giving my boys a chance to kill you.. should have known it wasn't true...

the other areas are pending thought and will be discussed in their own threads. right...hahaha remember we all get discounts for gas when we buy more groceries right..

Ivanan-ski....
sometimes the speakers have to be heard over the murmur of the crowd..

We yaks have plenty more yiddish to spew, beware of our tail slinging and flinging.

well mate, that's really a good question with no real answer, other than perhaps fear to face the truth and consequences of actions left behind. I am here now... so it is a sign of matrurism? or just a bit of loneliness and a genuine" I just miss you fellows" and our times of Gaming past.

hey.. I love all you guys in a hetrosexual, no touching each other manner of sensible male bonding relationships that prevail over any homo-phobian thinking.. not that there's anything wrong with that.... But I'm not your type..  trust me..

I too am glad to be back and energizing the forum so that Scud or Jason need to actually show up on a daily basis to keep "Compassionate Rosalita" from having to edit my lines that they should be snickering over...and cleaning up? Compass..  do I know you? Pm me sometime and set me crooked... I can't believe you're the most senior moderator/officer in the club, but hey nobodies picking on ya.. I'm just asking, ex CSM to CO that's all.

Scud and Jason...HAHA Get to work ya bums!! there's more to the Blitz than a daily yawn or two!

oooh The gauntlets have been slapped across me arse, you too Ivan, shall suffer the inevitable defeat of all who test the fossilized teeth of the Shark.. I will PM you for your email and we'll commerce hostilities in a most uncivilized manner and you will be entertained!  LOL

Ed!  I will be here and waiting for you," in my most entertaining singy songy voice"...   "come out and play..... Warriors...come out and play..."Clinking the bottles together"    Fear not the bite, only the smell.. LOL

Dev
ROTFLMAO Ask about Olga the Big Russian Bear LMAO LMAO LMAO
09-10-2016, 09:15 PM,
LOL

John mate, you need a hobby besides beer.... ever try puzzles?

LMAO

Dev