• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Also Lobbying, Pacific Theater please
04-14-2016, 11:02 AM,
RE: Also Lobbying, Pacific Theater please
I agree that early and late Phillipines would be good although the OOB might be a problem.
Quote this message in a reply
04-14-2016, 03:07 PM,
(04-14-2016, 11:02 AM)Al Wrote: I agree that early and late Phillipines would be good although the OOB might be a problem.

You'd be surprised what Mike Avanzini and I can find.

One little anecdote - Mike and I have documentation from the Soviet archives that few if any have seen in the west. We have unit/vehicle strengths every ten days at battalion or below level from primary sources.

These were specifically copied for us (actually photographed using a mobile phone). In some cases this has already been in used in titles, but I would have killed for this for earlier titles.

Both the Japanese and US forces committed to the Philippines is reasonably well known - whether it be 1941 or 44, I would expect we could get some good data.

Finally, to show the passion within the team on accuracy - we're deep into the next PzB title and the amount of officially available data is staggering. Each countries official archives has some amazing documentation covering a scale of engagement that is perfect for what we want to do. To actually get the same action from different viewpoints/sides is just gold and providing a wealth of scenario and campaign ideas. We're even finding things were you would least expect it - the Norwegian Government archives have turned up some sorely needed original German maps that will be put to very good use (thank you Martin!!!).

David
04-14-2016, 11:08 PM,
I guess I was thinking more along the line of creating a separate OOB for each time period - not that the information wouldn't be available. The pitfalls of posting on the internet.