• Blitz Shadow Player
  • Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

After Smolensk and Kharkov - What's best for Low Turn / Unit Density?
03-22-2016, 12:02 AM,
After Smolensk and Kharkov - What's best for Low Turn / Unit Density?
Guys,

I'm a big fan of the smaller battles. Lots of good ones in the games I mentioned.

Could you recommend another PzC title that also has a bunch of good smaller scenarios?

Summer months would be preferred.

Thanks
Send this user an email
Quote this message in a reply
03-22-2016, 03:50 AM,
RE: After Smolensk and Kharkov - What's best for Low Turn / Unit Density?
I too like the smaller low density scenarios. If you check the scenarios link at the top of the page and then check the Tiller Operational Campaign scenarios, you will find a listing and description of the scenarios for each game. And using Tobruk '41 as an example you can select the turns box and the scenarios will be listed by length. In the scenario modifier box you get a rough idea of the size or density. (1 being the smallest) Tobruk '41 you will see has a large number of small scenarios. One game I like is Salerno '43, since the Salerno campaign is only 80 turns and has few enough units that a turn can be played quickly.
03-22-2016, 04:24 AM,
I think in east front the only title here is Budapest and maybe Stalingrad but maybe for me Budapest has the attractive point of be set in late war with germans in a bad situation with quality not on his side but is not like soviets be in a much better situation.

West titles have more of this... north Africa titles are a good example specially Tunis, Salerno is a strange title in the serie, 3 diferent actions in a single title (i like the idea to cover actions that are not enough for a single title even in Panzer battles).

I resume it in Budapest and Tunis.
03-22-2016, 04:25 AM,
Sicily, Salerno and any of the desert titles have low density situations/scenarios. Wink
03-22-2016, 05:15 AM,
Thanks for the great tips Guys.

I see that Salerno also has 7 Crete missions.

I loved reading about that battle in my earlier years - so that + small scenarios = Sold !!!
Send this user an email