• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

OMA PzC Kharkov42 Graphics Mod
03-26-2016, 04:14 AM,
RE: OMA PzC Kharkov42 Graphics Mod
Found one mistake in the full campaign, LI corps no picture.
Quote this message in a reply
03-26-2016, 06:56 PM,
(03-26-2016, 04:14 AM)kazooba Wrote: Found one mistake in the full campaign, LI corps no picture.

Hi kazooba

This is what LI Corps looks like my side. I used a silhouette of an officer because the name is not known. Is that what you mean? 

[Image: LI%20Armee%20Korps.jpg]
03-26-2016, 09:55 PM,
(03-26-2016, 06:56 PM)OneManArmy Wrote:
(03-26-2016, 04:14 AM)kazooba Wrote: Found one mistake in the full campaign, LI corps no picture.

Hi kazooba

This is what LI Corps looks like my side. I used a silhouette of an officer because the name is not known. Is that what you mean? 

Yes, From the 8th of May to 31st of January in 1943 it was General der Artillerie Walter von Seydlitz-Kurzbach
03-26-2016, 10:28 PM,
(03-26-2016, 09:55 PM)kazooba Wrote:
(03-26-2016, 06:56 PM)OneManArmy Wrote:

Hi kazooba

Yes, From the 8th of May to 31st of January in 1943 it was General der Artillerie Walter von Seydlitz-Kurzbach

Okay I see what you getting at. I think the scenario might have to edited to change the name of the commander. Not sure, I have not tried to edit a scenario yet.
03-28-2016, 05:35 AM,
http://www.scribd.com/doc/105826335/Khar...ter#scribd

Found an interesting read on the net titled: Kharkov 1942-Anatomy of a Military Disaster. Did not read the book I have to admit, but I did harvest some more photo images of the Soviet commanders. So there will be a version 4 ready early next week maybe.
03-31-2016, 02:26 AM,
Playing turn 40 vs Soviet AI, so I was wondering who were the commanders of 36th Pz Regt/14th Pz Div and 6th Pz Regt/3rd Pz Div respectively. I was lucky to find some information. 

I had to edit the oob file, but just the name of the unit. Also was able to continue the save game without any obvious issues. 

I will include the new commanders and edited oob file in next version with additional commanders at Div Corps and Army level.

[Image: PzRgtCommanders.jpg]
03-31-2016, 03:53 AM,
(03-31-2016, 02:26 AM)OneManArmy Wrote: Playing turn 40 vs Soviet AI, so I was wondering who were the commanders of 36th Pz Regt/14th Pz Div and 6th Pz Regt/3rd Pz Div respectively. I was lucky to find some information. 

I had to edit the oob file, but just the name of the unit. Also was able to continue the save game without any obvious issues. 

I will include the new commanders and edited oob file in next version with additional commanders at Div Corps and Army level.

[Image: PzRgtCommanders.jpg]
Awesome, just what I was looking for. Thanks!
03-31-2016, 11:54 PM,
Version 4 is ready in the first post.

Cheers
07-23-2016, 12:41 AM,
(02-27-2016, 01:50 AM)OneManArmy Wrote: [Image: OMA_Kharkov42_screen01.jpg]

This mod is for HPS PzC Kharkov42
Only graphic files were modified. No scenario files were changed, so you can continue a current saved game without any issues. This mod is intended to be used with Volcano and Map mod. Install this mod last. Should you not like this mod, simply install Volcano and Map mod in the normal way. 

List of features:
1. New Unitbox graphics for all nations.
2. Jison's WitE counters ported over for all nations. (with his permission) Thumb Up2
3. Unique portrait style graphics for Army Group, Front and Corps level units.
4. Alternative highlighting for selected formation.
5. Additional counter detail;
    a. HQ units have a yellow stripe
    b. Artillery units have orange corner
    c. Engineer units have green corner
    d. Motorized units have red corner
    e. Hard Target units have white corner
    f. Anti-aircraft units have light blue corner
   g. Armour units have white around the NATO symbol
(The color corners are only visible on the top counter in a stack)
6. Rivers are darker.
7. Strela's mine and fortification hexes (with his permission)  Salute2

It is possible to use selected parts of the mod should you not like the complete mod.

I have tested the mod on #02 The Second Battle of Kharkov_Alt battle. Should you find any mistakes please let me know.

Version 1
Repacked the mod in .zip

Version 2
Added purple corner for Anti-Tank units

Version 3
Added photo portraits for all HQ units. Should you spot errors or can contribute a accurate photo I will correct or add it.
I mostly used http://www.generals.dk/  

Version 4
Added photo portraits down to Panzer Regiment commanders. The Kharkov_Alt3_McNamara oob file was edited but only name changes of commanders. Backup the original file before you copy the file over. It is not necessary to use the modified oob file, you can still enjoy most of the features of the mod.

Credits
All credit goes to the original designers. I just put it together with my spin on it.

Cheers
OneManArmy
Outstanding work.  Would this mod work for other titles say N44?
07-06-2018, 09:21 AM, (This post was last modified: 07-06-2018, 09:24 AM by Trac_511.)
(02-27-2016, 01:50 AM)OneManArmy Wrote: [Image: OMA_Kharkov42_screen01.jpg]
Where can I get the 'Blankbox' mod being used in this screenshot? Thanks!