• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

CSME - Setting Global Opp Fire
02-21-2016, 04:18 AM,
CSME - Setting Global Opp Fire
ok - what gives?  I cannot set global opp fire settings any longer by clicking off my unit - but clicking into a hex (like I still can with WF/EF) and set my opp fire settings.

Is there something I am missing to do this?  I do not want to set each and every units opp fire individually.  Also - why does ctrl+p not bring up the opp fire settings when you click on a unit any more?

Thanks!
Quote this message in a reply
02-21-2016, 06:23 AM,
RE: CSME - Setting Global Opp Fire
Hi Steve, very strange, I just tried it, and ctr-p works, as well as clicking anywhere, then getting the op fire menu down?! Do you have the latest patch? I'm guessing you did, since we all had to get it for the tourney.
Meine Ehre heisst Treue

http://www.cslegion.com/
02-22-2016, 12:51 AM, (This post was last modified: 02-22-2016, 12:51 AM by Tiger 88.)
(02-21-2016, 06:23 AM)Warhorse Wrote: Hi Steve, very strange, I just tried it, and ctr-p works, as well as clicking anywhere, then getting the op fire menu down?! Do you have the latest patch? I'm guessing you did, since we all had to get it for the tourney.

Mike here's what is happening: I can click on empty hex change op fire setting and then click on a unit and the global op fire is not maintaining.  Say I set my global op  fire for tanks to not shoot at infantry- I click on the tank unit and the setting remains unchanged.    If I want my tank to not shot at infantry then I have to manually set each unit.  This is a huge waste of time. Also ctl+p does not always work which also is another huge waste of time to have to go thru the menu option.
02-22-2016, 03:49 AM,
(02-22-2016, 12:51 AM)Tiger 88 Wrote:
(02-21-2016, 06:23 AM)Warhorse Wrote: Hi Steve, very strange, I just tried it, and ctr-p works, as well as clicking anywhere, then getting the op fire menu down?! Do you have the latest patch? I'm guessing you did, since we all had to get it for the tourney.

Mike here's what is happening: I can click on empty hex change op fire setting and then click on a unit and the global op fire is not maintaining.  Say I set my global op  fire for tanks to not shoot at infantry- I click on the tank unit and the setting remains unchanged.    If I want my tank to not shot at infantry then I have to manually set each unit.  This is a huge waste of time. Also ctl+p does not always work which also is another huge waste of time to have to go thru the menu option.

Okay, here's what's happening.  Global settings always take priority unless the individual unit setting is more restrictive. I start a scenario setting all globals to long range and then adjust individual units as needed. The individual setting being more restrictive than the global always holds.
02-22-2016, 06:31 AM,
I am not sure I understand the issue here, but I believe the two things - global Op Fire setting and individual Op Fire setting - are now totally decoupled. Either one can be more restrictive or what not.

So you should be able to set say all your Op Fire to None, but then allow individual units to Op Fire.

With JTCS the most restrictive setting always held I think.

Sorry not at my computer today, can't check this.
Visit us at CSLegion.com
02-27-2016, 01:45 AM,
(02-22-2016, 06:31 AM)Battle Kat Wrote: I am not sure I understand the issue here, but I believe the two things - global Op Fire setting and individual Op Fire setting - are now totally decoupled. Either one can be more restrictive or what not.

So you should be able to set say all your Op Fire to None, but then allow individual units to Op Fire.

With JTCS the most restrictive setting always held I think.

Sorry not at my computer today, can't check this.

I have noticed in ME, the OPP Fire does not stay where I set it. I have been assuming it was because of the Adaptive AI, but I could be entirely off base. I have set my armor units NOT to fire on anything but enemy armor, only to see them firing on enemy infantry in the replay, & seeing the OPP fire back to default in my move.
Send this user an email