• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

0708_02 Teterevino North - Franz's Excellent Adventure
02-18-2016, 03:29 AM,
0708_02 Teterevino North - Franz's Excellent Adventure
Has anyone been able to pull off a Major Victory (Russian Major Defeat) as the Germans in this scenario?

Playing against the AI, one of my Tigers got blatted on the second turn in a dug-in position (after failing to connect with any of it's own shots).

I then went from Russian Minor Victory-> Draw -> Russian Minor Defeat ...

Not sure if my luck was bad that day but I had a ton of 88 shells from the remaining Tiger bounce off of T-70s ....

In the end, the Panzer Grenadiers and AT guns bailed me out but I think it might be a very hard challenge to bring the Soviets to major defeat in this one ...

If you have achieved that goal - please share on your tactics / plan  ...
Send this user an email
Quote this message in a reply
03-15-2016, 10:05 AM,
RE: 0708_02 Teterevino North - Franz's Excellent Adventure
I beg to report I have achieved a Major German Victory in this one vs the AI.

As the Russki's advanced across the valley,they were engaged at long range by the two Tigers and the AT and they got a disruption or two and some vehicle kills somewhat disrupting the dash to the town...              

Tough to believe, right?         

Truth is,... Like Kirk and the Kobayashi Maru scenario, I also CHEATED...   LOL

I did a little editing,changing the turns from 30 min to 15 min and cut the movement factors in half to reflect this.(I had to change the SS/Russian units dat files and backed up my origionals. )
As I did not touch the attack factors at all,this basically made things twice as violent. I thought this would be a problem,throwing the results out of whack,but the effect seems more realistic to me,at least in the case of this test scenario.
I also changed the scenario length to reflect the turn time change,experimenting with various lengths.

A helpful side effect for the Germans was being able to setup the Opportunity fire before the Russians arrived next to my units.

Kuriltai
03-17-2016, 06:29 AM, (This post was last modified: 03-17-2016, 06:30 AM by Don Czirr.)
RE: 0708_02 Teterevino North - Franz's Excellent Adventure
Good work on the victory Kuriltai.

Ah ... the fine line between "tweaking" and "cheating" ....

For me it's fine for frustrating scenarios where the challenge is more puzzle-like or if there is some element that can be made more realistic.

I am toying with the idea of tweaking the Swamp Tigers scenario now before I rip out more hairs due to failed bunker busting ...

A few more tries however before going to the "T" button =)
Send this user an email