• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Last shot of my career.
02-09-2016, 02:11 AM, (This post was last modified: 02-09-2016, 12:12 PM by Panzermeister. Edit Reason: Youtube link )
Last shot of my career.
I have spent the last 8 years in the army and it has been the best and worst of my lif for sure.I wouldnt take back a second and im going to miss it.I couldnt think of a better way to go out with a bang than firing a 155mm howitzer so here it is. keep in mind I am not a 13b so this isnt a reflection of the mastery and efficency these gun crews have(they would have fired 3 rounds in the time it took me to fire one).

https://www.facebook.com/larry.hamm.71/v...266672439/

youtube: https://youtu.be/lJvp_PGYfy0

Let me know if the link doesnt work. I am the guy on the left (loader). I "finger popped" this one and messed up my hand but it was worth it lol.
"Acceptance is the path to true wisdom" - Unknown
Quote this message in a reply
02-09-2016, 11:56 AM,
RE: Last shot of my career.
Not available to non-facebook users
Some of us are busy doing things; some of us are busy complaining - Debasish Mridha
02-09-2016, 12:13 PM,
(02-09-2016, 02:11 AM)Panzermeister Wrote: I have spent the last 8 years in the army and it has been the best and worst of my lif for sure.I wouldnt take back a second and im going to miss it.I couldnt think of a better way to go out with a bang than firing a 155mm howitzer so here it is. keep in mind I am not a 13b so this isnt a reflection of the mastery and efficency these gun crews have(they would have fired 3 rounds in the time it took me to fire one).

https://www.facebook.com/larry.hamm.71/v...266672439/

youtube: https://youtu.be/lJvp_PGYfy0

Let me know if the link doesnt work. I am the guy on the left (loader). I "finger popped" this one and messed up my hand but it was worth it lol.

(02-09-2016, 11:56 AM)Weasel Wrote: Not available to non-facebook users

Uploaded to youtube channel
02-09-2016, 12:29 PM, (This post was last modified: 02-09-2016, 12:29 PM by Weasel.)
thanks
Some of us are busy doing things; some of us are busy complaining - Debasish Mridha
02-09-2016, 12:36 PM,
Ha, excellent. So what happened, did the recoil get you? When I was a tank gunner (secondary job, primary driver) if we has an SOB crew commander we would say normally FIRING NOW! and press the tit, but if you wanted to get even with the SOB you would say FIRING...... and he would look away from the sight thinking there was a misfire and then you would go NOW, the sight would kick back and hit him in the nose! HA.
02-09-2016, 01:11 PM,
(02-09-2016, 12:36 PM)Weasel Wrote: Ha, excellent.  So what happened, did the recoil get you?  When I was a tank gunner (secondary job, primary driver) if we has an SOB crew commander we would say normally FIRING NOW! and press the tit, but if you wanted to get even with the SOB you would say FIRING...... and he would look away from the sight thinking there was a misfire and then you would go NOW, the sight would kick back and hit him in the nose!  HA.

Yeah i didnt pull back fast enough and i didnt use a lanyard. got me good but it gives you a raging freedom boner lol. you wouldnt want to do that in a paladin thought that sucker is mean.
02-09-2016, 01:17 PM,
Were you not in a 155? I only saw the two bags go in so couldn't tell the round size.
02-09-2016, 02:20 PM, (This post was last modified: 02-09-2016, 02:37 PM by Panzermeister. Edit Reason: Clarification )
(02-09-2016, 01:17 PM)Weasel Wrote: Were you not in a 155?  I only saw the two bags go in so couldn't tell the round size.

Yeah it was 155, it depends on what angle they are firing, ive seen them use 2 3 and 4 (might have missed it but im pretty sure they fired 4 that salvo at least i rememeber them using 4 on the last round).Sometimes the gunny will throw bags in too so he might have pluged some in while the camera was panned.

If i remember right that can fire at different angles and charges so the rounds all hit at the same time, i didnt see the fire data but im guessing thats what they where doing.
02-10-2016, 06:40 AM,
I still remember that "tank" documentary where they were comparing a paladin to an elephant TD...brillant research. I wonder how much these guys get paid.