• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Indirect fire range question
01-27-2016, 12:50 PM,
Indirect fire range question
When firing on-board artillery and mortars as indirect fire, does the range shown in the unit card still apply?  

So, say mortars have a range of 11.  Does that mean they can only fire 11 hexes both directly and indirectly?  Or is their range somehow extended when using indirect fire?

Probably a silly question - but one I would like to know for sure, so I can relocate my mortars and on-board artillery and such if I need to.

Also - an unrelated side question.  What is the benefit of moving HQ units closer to the front lines with their troops, when they have a very large command radius?  I see my opponent moving their HQ very close in to the battle.  

Thanks!
"I only ride 'em. I don't know what makes 'em work."

-- Oddball
Quote this message in a reply
01-27-2016, 01:19 PM,
RE: Indirect fire range question
For artillery, the range is the range. Direct or indirect, I am not aware of a difference in range.

As to HQs, I would have to check for PzB, but in PzC at least, a shorter range helps in certain situations. Check the manual for removing disruption/broken status, that might help. Also, some like to throw the HQs into the line to bolster an important point sometimes.

Rick
[Image: exercise.png]
01-28-2016, 12:34 AM,
RE: Indirect fire range question
Makes sense. Thank you for the help!

-=Jeff
"I only ride 'em. I don't know what makes 'em work."

-- Oddball