• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

German Flame Thrower Tanks
01-29-2016, 06:25 AM,
Feedback Needed  German Flame Thrower Tanks
I'm playing Salerno as the Axis and have a company of Flame Thrower Tanks. I cannot make them do anything except assault. Is this all they can do? I can't find anything in manual about them. Thanks in advance fellas..
Quote this message in a reply
01-29-2016, 06:50 AM, (This post was last modified: 01-29-2016, 06:54 AM by ComradeP.)
RE: German Flame Thrower Tanks
Flamethrower units usually have high assault values, which are useful when combined in an assault by other units. The units are usually fairly small, though, so in terms of absolute assault value they might not be better than a pionier battalion.

Keep the terrain/combined arms (tanks are penalized when assaulting in non-clear terrain) and combined organization (units belonging to different formations are penalized when assaulting together) penalties in mind when assaulting with tanks, as well as the rule that the attacking side uses the lowest quality value of all participating units to determine any quality bonus or penalty.
01-29-2016, 10:21 AM,
All of ComradeP's comments are spot-on, but a more direct answer to your question might be:  Yes, the Salerno Flammpanzers' firepower can only be applied in assault combat.  Both of their direct fire ranges are zero.

Regards,
Billie
01-29-2016, 01:30 PM,
[quote pid='408605' dateline='1454014241']
""Keep the terrain/combined arms (tanks are penalized when assaulting in non-clear terrain) and combined organization (units belonging to different formations are penalized when assaulting together) penalties in mind when assaulting with tanks, as well as the rule that the attacking side uses the lowest quality value of all participating units to determine any quality bonus or penalty.""
[/quote]

If the lowest value is the one used what good are they or combat engineers for that matter or any high value assault unit? Just askin'.
 jonny LOL
01-29-2016, 04:41 PM, (This post was last modified: 01-29-2016, 04:56 PM by ComradeP.)
The lowest quality value (or "letter" with its associated bonuses or penalties) is used, not the lowest assault value. The "real" assault values (that is: the value determined by a calculation involving the unit's strength and its assault value shown in the unit information sidebar) of all assaulting units are added up and compared to the combined defense value of the defenders as far as I can tell based on the information in the combat results window.
01-30-2016, 02:35 AM,
(01-29-2016, 04:41 PM)ComradeP Wrote: The lowest quality value (or "letter" with its associated bonuses or penalties) is used, not the lowest assault value. The "real" assault values (that is: the value determined by a calculation involving the unit's strength and its assault value shown in the unit information sidebar) of all assaulting units are added up and compared to the combined defense value of the defenders as far as I can tell based on the information in the combat results window.

Thanks for the quick replies guys. Big Grin