• Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Quizzes and ladder points issue
05-17-2016, 11:39 PM,
RE: Quizzes and ladder points issue
(05-17-2016, 07:41 PM)GAZNZ Wrote: For quizs and the like
if you want to award quiz badges or something like that that's cool but points should not be allocated for ladder games -
its stuffs up ELO etc

No points (from quizes or games) have no effect what so ever on ELO scores.  If you just look at the ladder from the point of view of ELO all your concerns melt away.

(05-17-2016, 07:41 PM)GAZNZ Wrote: Focus on the ELO
Don't worry about the guys with all the games played and there scores
In saying that ask the top players for games and take them down a peg or two :)

My sentiments exactly.
Author of: Whose Turn Is It? - http://www.lesliesoftware.com/products/WhoseTurnIsIt / CMFI Sicily Pathfinders(not playable H2H) / CMBS Opportunity Knocks (scenarios, maps and mods here)
Quote this message in a reply
07-04-2016, 11:34 AM,
Even ELO isn't 100% but it is far better reflection than score. If you always play the same player, like I basically do in SP, than your ELO will not move and won't necessarily show the ability. When looking for an opponent I look at score/elo plus go to his game report page and look at who he is playing and how well he is doing, if all rookies and he is scoring big wins than I grin and move on. If all veterans and he is losing, like me, you still have to consider his ability is probably above average.
Some of us are busy doing things; some of us are busy complaining - Debasish Mridha
07-05-2016, 12:38 AM,
(07-04-2016, 11:34 AM)Weasel Wrote: Even ELO isn't 100% but it is far better reflection than score.

For sure.  The ELO works best if you play a variety of people.  The more mixed together the better.
Author of: Whose Turn Is It? - http://www.lesliesoftware.com/products/WhoseTurnIsIt / CMFI Sicily Pathfinders(not playable H2H) / CMBS Opportunity Knocks (scenarios, maps and mods here)