• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Quizzes and ladder points issue
02-05-2016, 02:21 PM,
RE: Quizzes and ladder points issue
(02-04-2016, 01:51 PM)Dog Soldier Wrote: ....Compass Rose is right, No one will stop you from forfeiting the quiz points if you wish to do so.  Just let the quiz moderator know that is what you want.

I thought of that but it's no good because other people will still be getting quiz points which is unfair on the genuine ladder players who I'm trying to protect.
As I suggested earlier, it could be solved once and for all by polling ladder players with the question- "Should ladder points be awarded for getting quiz questions right, yes or no?".
If they don't mind, I don't mind!
Meanwhile I'm not supporting or contributing to the quiz threads as a matter of principle, and anyway I'm pretty busy as a moderator over at the Mission4Today forum tending to my aircraft photo-threads which have just notched up 6 million views from all over internetland..:)
Quote this message in a reply
02-05-2016, 03:37 PM,
Why do a poll POS? You have your thread going here, free for discussion. The only 2 pushing for this change are members who don't play on the ladders. There is no swarm of ladder players joining in - matter of fact not even a single one. The Blitz has ALWAYS provided bonus points, to the ladders, for contributions to the Blitz, which includes the quizzes, outside of when Weasel decided to stop awarding the points for a period of time. You are Lt Genl just for making lots of posts, that is also a recognition of contributions to the Blitz.

If a person is actually actively playing games on the ladders, then a different person solely answering quizzes is not going to lead the ladder. Only if there is little activity on the ladder will quizzes put someone at the top, and that is because there is no activity. You can take your ball and go play with the views if that is what you want. We may miss your potential contributions but we aren't going to change a permanent tradition for 2 member/non players pushing for a change.

Rick
[Image: exercise.png]
02-11-2016, 09:34 AM, (This post was last modified: 02-11-2016, 09:43 AM by Sgt Jasper.)
I *do* play on the ladders and play the quizzes both, and I like things fine just they way they are. I'm here because (a) I like to play the games, win, lose or draw, and (b) I like the interaction with other members of the club. How else would an ancient weirdo like me who's spent absurd amounts of time playing these things get to correspond with people from other countries and other parts of the U.S.? Also, IMHO, there's something a little strange about getting so hung up on ladder standings. They're *games*, dude. Nobody's dying.
02-12-2016, 03:17 AM,
(02-11-2016, 09:34 AM)Sgt Jasper Wrote: I *do* play on the ladders and play the quizzes both, and I like things fine just they way they are. I'm here because (a) I like to play the games, win, lose or draw, and (b) I like the interaction with other members of the club. How else would an ancient weirdo like me who's spent absurd amounts of time playing these things get to correspond with people from other countries and other parts of the U.S.? Also, IMHO, there's something a little strange about getting so hung up on ladder standings. They're *games*, dude. Nobody's dying.

Well said.
Resolve then, that on this very ground, with small flags waving and tinny blasts on tiny trumpets, we shall meet the enemy, and not only may he be ours, he may be us. --Walt Kelly
Send this user an email