• redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

When is a Medium tank a Heavy tank?
01-16-2016, 11:42 AM,
News  When is a Medium tank a Heavy tank?
Fellow Grognards:

In laying out my new scenario in the Carpathian mountains I noticed that a captured German Panther tank for the Russians cannot cross a medium bridge while the German version of the Panther can.  So it's a glitch but it's a bitch of a glitch and I for one love to bitch.

I was wondering what the Soviets could do to a Panther to make it become a heavy tank?
Any rational explanation out there?
Or is it just a mistake/glitch?

Regards,

Dan
Quote this message in a reply
01-16-2016, 11:46 AM,
RE: When is a Medium tank a Heavy tank?
(01-16-2016, 11:42 AM)Dan Caviness Wrote: Fellow Grognards:

In laying out my new scenario in the Carpathian mountains I noticed that a captured German Panther tank for the Russians cannot cross a medium bridge while the German version of the Panther can.  So it's a glitch but it's a bitch of a glitch and I for one love to bitch.

I was wondering what the Soviets could do to a Panther to make it become a heavy tank?

Regards,

Dan

ps to HSL:  Tank6 Respect Cheers6
01-16-2016, 01:38 PM,
Added more vodka.
Send this user an email
01-16-2016, 11:51 PM,
Russian soldiers were heavier. They drank and ate more than their German counterparts?
 Popcorn 2 Ice Cream  Voodoo Doll

Farmer

HSL
01-17-2016, 02:58 AM,
They also needed heavier and faster engines being that they were, well...rushin'.   Rolling Eyes
Resolve then, that on this very ground, with small flags waving and tinny blasts on tiny trumpets, we shall meet the enemy, and not only may he be ours, he may be us. --Walt Kelly
Send this user an email
01-17-2016, 06:09 AM,
(01-17-2016, 02:58 AM)Scud Wrote: They also needed heavier and faster engines being that they were, well...rushin'.   Rolling Eyes

Ta, Dum as Scud is ushered out the door stage left. Wink
01-17-2016, 06:29 AM,

Regards,

Dan
For whatever reason the Russian one is 43 tons vice 38 tons in the German oob, an oversight. Also, the flag in the movement field is the biggest culprit, prohibiting it from crossing light or medium bridges! It has a 97 in the field, it should be 33 like the rest.
Meine Ehre heisst Treue

http://www.cslegion.com/
01-18-2016, 03:08 AM,
(01-17-2016, 06:29 AM)Warhorse Wrote:

Regards,

Dan
For whatever reason the Russian one is 43 tons vice 38 tons in the German oob, an oversight. Also, the flag in the movement field is the biggest culprit, prohibiting it from crossing light or medium bridges! It has a 97 in the field, it should be 33 like the rest.

Man you guys had me rolling on the floor a couple times...I'd say gold goes to Scud...for worst (best) pun...
01-18-2016, 03:09 AM,
Hopefully Jason is seeing these.
These forum topics all address issues he can help us correct in the next revision.
I know he's aware of the low stone wall issue with engineers and he intends to fix that.
01-18-2016, 03:28 AM,
(01-18-2016, 03:09 AM)Dan Caviness Wrote: Hopefully Jason is seeing these.
These forum topics all address issues he can help us correct in the next revision.
I know he's aware of the low stone wall issue with engineers and he intends to fix that.

You bet, definitely noted!!
Send this user an email