• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Railroad?
01-12-2016, 03:32 AM,
Railroad?
What's with the Railroad running along the British beaches? Don't think I've seen that in another source.
Quote this message in a reply
01-12-2016, 11:57 AM,
RE: Railroad?
(01-12-2016, 03:32 AM)chrisp Wrote: What's with the Railroad running along the British beaches? Don't think I've seen that in another source.

Chrisp,

Great Question. Another player/researcher Chris Haigh was concerned our rail net was too extensive and was kind enough to do a review of at least the railroads near the beaches.

I won't post everything here, but the rail net from Caen up through Douvres to Luc-sur-Mer and along to Courseulles-sur-Mer is completely valid. No rail lines near the beaches were operational other than for very localised operations.

Chris has information that tends to indicate that the line along Sword beach was a tramway that was within the existing road and hence should be removed - the current setup has two transport paths where there should probably only be one.

The same for the rail beyond Courseulles - if you look at the below map you can see the extent of the tramways - many of which were closed before the war. I'll be reviewing this for the first patch and deciding which rail lines stay and which goes.

[Image: PB%20Graphics%20424.jpg]

Thanks Chris H for your work!

David
01-13-2016, 12:07 AM,
RE: Railroad?
Very interesting. Don't think it affects the game at all.