• Downloads

PzB Normandy tournament for beginners
01-15-2016, 09:18 PM,
RE: PzB Normandy tournament for beginners
Count me in Tank3 Rifle2 Mortar
Quote this message in a reply
01-16-2016, 01:53 PM,
(01-11-2016, 08:25 AM)GerryM Wrote: DS, can you give us an idea of how big the scenarios will be (battaltion, etc.)?

Thanks,

Gerry

I have a number of suggestions from the design team for this tournament.  Read my first post on this thread.  In or out?

(01-12-2016, 05:37 AM)Stejones82 Wrote: Is this to be a tourney for New Players Only?  In other words, Kursk veterans are not welcome here!  

Also, can we delay tourney start for a few weeks so I and perhaps others who have just purchased can get some solo/PBEM time?

Yes, new to the blitz PzB series.  Do not worry Stejone82.  There will another tournament later on for veterans.
Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything.
- Wyatt Earp
01-16-2016, 02:19 PM,
(01-16-2016, 01:53 PM)Dog Soldier Wrote:
(01-11-2016, 08:25 AM)GerryM Wrote: DS, can you give us an idea of how big the scenarios will be (battaltion, etc.)?

Thanks,

Gerry

I have a number of suggestions from the design team for this tournament.  Read my first post on this thread.  In or out?

Out. 

Thanks,

Gerry
01-16-2016, 02:36 PM,
90 Day Wonder Tournament

The goal is to create a wider community of members playing and enjoying PzB game series.  PzB will be around for a while with many titles if its big brother PzC is an example.

Roll Call.
The following people are in the first PzB Normandy tournament!  We have 11 members ready to go.

Compass Rose
Wiggum
KGRangerBooBoo
Al
panzerde
Chris Merchant
Vatutin
surcouf
routed
flynavy
scots greys

The following seven members expressing interest need to sign up for the blitz ladder to be considered to be in the tournament.  Post in this thread if you need help doing this in your profile.  As soon as you are signed up for the Panzer Battles ladder you are considered in the tournament.

DaveMic
nim8or
Paul
Pinetree
Doctor
casebier
GerryM - if you are still interested.

Rules
No biting, hitting below the belt, or whining.   Big Grin

1. Actually try to keep up a good turn rate.  You want to make each round's deadline.
2. Don't get crazy over analyzing.  Just play your best.  Everyone is here to learn.  this is not for fame or glory.  Just for fun!  There will be badges for your profiles if you complete the tournament.
3. Post after the round here if you have questions or want to know what the heck happened.  Ask your opponent.  I hope everyone will be having fun and learning from each other.  That is how we can all improve our game.  Better players means more fun for everyone.
4. You can post in a different thread for help if you get stuck or just cannot figure something out.  Plenty of veteran PzB members here at the blitz and the design & play test teams are here too to help you get the most out the tournament experience.
5. Life happens. If for some reason you have to drop out, contact me by email.  I will get a replacement for you.  If you go AWOL you will not be eligible for future tournaments.
6.  All games played in the tournament must be posted in the blitz DB under the "Report a Game" section.  Only one player in each game needs to post the result.  Both players will be notified, along with the moderators here when your game is posted.  I will update the tournament page when I have the results of your games.
7. Last but not least, do not resign any games.  If you are getting clobbered, just try out those tactics you thought might work, but also thought they might not.  Nothing to lose if the game has already gone south.  Everything to learn from the experience.

Scoring
Major Win   five points
Minor Win   four points
Draw          three points
Minor Loss  two points
Major loss   one point

I will post later the scenarios and match ups for the first round.  Check out the PzB Kursk tournament in the tournament section of the blitz.  That tournament is almost done.  Just be sure you can find the tournament section as I will be posting information there too once the tournament is created.

Ask on this thread if you have any questions about the tournament.

Dog Soldier
- Wyatt Earp
01-16-2016, 03:08 PM, (This post was last modified: 01-16-2016, 03:10 PM by nim8or.)
Ladder preferences updated, let me know if there's a problem. Thank-you for taking the time and effort to put this together, Dog Soldier.
There's a simple answer to every complex question - and it's wrong.-Umberto Eco
01-16-2016, 03:32 PM,
(01-16-2016, 03:08 PM)nim8or Wrote: Ladder preferences updated, let me know if there's a problem. Thank-you for taking the time and effort to put this together, Dog Soldier.

I see you added some ladders to your profile, but not the Panzer Battles one.

Dog Soldier
- Wyatt Earp
01-16-2016, 04:09 PM,
(01-16-2016, 03:32 PM)Dog Soldier Wrote:
(01-16-2016, 03:08 PM)nim8or Wrote: Ladder preferences updated, let me know if there's a problem. Thank-you for taking the time and effort to put this together, Dog Soldier.

I see you added some ladders to your profile, but not the Panzer Battles one.

Dog Soldier

Fixed now.
There's a simple answer to every complex question - and it's wrong.-Umberto Eco
01-16-2016, 05:54 PM,
I'm on the ladder now.
Gen. Montgomery: "Your men don't salute much."
Gen. Freyberg: "Well, if you wave at them they'll usually wave back."
01-17-2016, 02:22 AM,
(01-16-2016, 02:36 PM)Dog Soldier Wrote: 90 Day Wonder Tournament

The goal is to create a wider community of members playing and enjoying PzB game series.  PzB will be around for a while with many titles if its big brother PzC is an example.

Roll Call.
The following people are in the first PzB Normandy tournament!  We have 11 members ready to go.

Compass Rose
Wiggum
KGRangerBooBoo
Al
panzerde
Chris Merchant
Vatutin
surcouf
routed
flynavy
scots greys

The following seven members expressing interest need to sign up for the blitz ladder to be considered to be in the tournament.  Post in this thread if you need help doing this in your profile.  As soon as you are signed up for the Panzer Battles ladder you are considered in the tournament.

DaveMic
nim8or
Paul
Pinetree
Doctor
casebier
GerryM - if you are still interested.

Rules
No biting, hitting below the belt, or whining.   Big Grin

1. Actually try to keep up a good turn rate.  You want to make each round's deadline.
2. Don't get crazy over analyzing.  Just play your best.  Everyone is here to learn.  this is not for fame or glory.  Just for fun!  There will be badges for your profiles if you complete the tournament.
3. Post after the round here if you have questions or want to know what the heck happened.  Ask your opponent.  I hope everyone will be having fun and learning from each other.  That is how we can all improve our game.  Better players means more fun for everyone.
4. You can post in a different thread for help if you get stuck or just cannot figure something out.  Plenty of veteran PzB members here at the blitz and the design & play test teams are here too to help you get the most out the tournament experience.
5. Life happens. If for some reason you have to drop out, contact me by email.  I will get a replacement for you.  If you go AWOL you will not be eligible for future tournaments.
6.  All games played in the tournament must be posted in the blitz DB under the "Report a Game" section.  Only one player in each game needs to post the result.  Both players will be notified, along with the moderators here when your game is posted.  I will update the tournament page when I have the results of your games.
7. Last but not least, do not resign any games.  If you are getting clobbered, just try out those tactics you thought might work, but also thought they might not.  Nothing to lose if the game has already gone south.  Everything to learn from the experience.

Scoring
Major Win   five points
Minor Win   four points
Draw          three points
Minor Loss  two points
Major loss   one point

I will post later the scenarios and match ups for the first round.  Check out the PzB Kursk tournament in the tournament section of the blitz.  That tournament is almost done.  Just be sure you can find the tournament section as I will be posting information there too once the tournament is created.

Ask on this thread if you have any questions about the tournament.

Dog Soldier

How do I sign up for the Panzer Battles ladder? Sorry for being dull!
01-17-2016, 02:29 AM,
To sign up for a ladder you need to get into your control panel.

The control panel is located close to the PayPal icon.

Once you select it and the new window opens, you should see all of the ladders listed.

While holding down the CTRL button, select and highlight each gaming ladder you want to belong to.

When you are done, make sure to select "Update" which is shown just below that window.

And that is it.