• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

PzB Normandy tournament for beginners
04-29-2016, 03:57 AM,
RE: PzB Normandy tournament for beginners
Unless David suggests differently I believe we are fine to move on without the update. I have an updated version of the scenario to use. I don't think any engine chanes will have impact on the fighting or game play.

I would prefer the 2 missing games get reported but Dog Soldier can deal with that if not.
[Image: exercise.png]
Quote this message in a reply
04-29-2016, 08:41 AM,
DS has asked to hold on for another week or week and a half and he will get things moving then - or even this weekend if it works out for him. So stand by. But the 2 games still need to get reported.

Rick
[Image: exercise.png]
04-29-2016, 09:14 AM,
Thanks Rick
04-29-2016, 09:28 AM,
Thank you, Rick, for keeping us updated!
"I only ride 'em. I don't know what makes 'em work."

-- Oddball
04-30-2016, 03:22 PM,
Hello every one. Sorry for RL interfering with the tournament. Compass Rose was not far from the mark. This is the first weekend I have had off since Christmas. Very busy during my busy season. This next week will be busy for me too.
Thank you for understanding. I missed being here.

However....
I have updated the scoreboard on the competitions page.
Hadge and Paul tied with 10 points in round 2.
Al, Chris Merchant, and Vatutin all tied for second with 7 points each in round 2.

At the end of two rounds....
Hadge has the narrowest margin to be first with 18 points.
Paul is right on Hadge's six with 17 points in second place.
In third place there are four members all tied with 13 points. Chris Merchant, Doctor, KGRangerBooBoo and Vatutin.
The remainder of the field are in fourth, fifth and sixth place. Each placing is separated by only one point! This tournament is half over and it is very close. Everyone is still in the hunt! Well done fellows.

The second round is still missing two games not reported.
Rick is correct. The four players listed below did not report a finish for their second round games. If any of the following four want to continue in the tournament, send me an email of the status of your games. Just let me know what happened and I will get it sorted with you.
All games must be posted in the blitz scenario database to count for the tournament.

casebier
Cyrano
Gray Nemesis
surcouf

I will be posting match ups for the third round soon. Stay tuned. The cool Normandy country side is about to go hot again.

Dog Soldier
Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything.
- Wyatt Earp
04-30-2016, 05:47 PM, (This post was last modified: 04-30-2016, 05:48 PM by Strela.)
A quick comment by me.

Appreciate all the commentary regarding the la Bistiere scenario. It appears that it's too short for a HTH engagement. A couple of testers played this one, but only against the AI.

With the issues people have called out, we have lengthened the scenario by 3 turns and designated it a HTH scenario. The original 8 turn scenario has been setup as a vs the AI as that has appeared to be the right length. These new scenarios will be in the patch.

It's this kind of feedback that allows us to ensure you'll get continued value out of your purchase - please ensure you add your commentary when reporting a game.

Thanks,

David
05-11-2016, 04:47 PM,
Update...Normandy.

The last two games of the second round are being completed.  It is very late for me tonight, so I will get the competitions page updated, then post a notice to start round three.

Be sure you load the v1.01 patch for your Normandy game.  This will be used the remainder of the tournament.

The Fatigue Factor in the parameter file is currently set to 2.0 which is the original value in Normandy.  Do not change this setting for your tournament games!

Since the tournament started with the default value, I want to keep everything the same.

Third round match ups are created.  I will post them tomorrow.

Dog Soldier
- Wyatt Earp
05-12-2016, 04:22 PM,
All--

The round three match ups are now posted to the Competitions page for the tournament.  Everyone should have one game as the Axis and one as the Allied side.  You will have different opponents for each of the two game sin this round.

Notice in the post above that the tournament rules require members in the tournament to play this round with the new PzB Normandy patch v1.01 recently released.  See Strela's post #103 in the  Normandy Patch Update  for a link to the patch at JTS Software.[url=https://www.theblitz.club/message_boards/showthread.php?tid=69123&page=11][/url]

To try and make up some of the lost time, I hope we can complete this round by the end of the month.

Scenario #0711_02 Hill 192 - Battle in the Bocage
05/11/2016 - 05/31/2016

Play with PzB Normandy v1.01
Do not change the fatigue factor
Use default optional rules

Post in this thread when you have engaged your opponents so I a can keep up with your progress and move the tournament along to the climax in round four.

Best of luck to everyone.  Enjoy this gem of a scenario.
If you are having any trouble getting started, contact Compass ose, RickyB or myself and we will help you out.  You can also post in this thread for help.

Dog Soldier
- Wyatt Earp
05-13-2016, 02:32 AM,
(05-12-2016, 04:22 PM)Dog Soldier Wrote: Post in this thread when you have engaged your opponents

First turn 3rd round files have been created, played, and/or sent to both gabeeg and Gray Nemesis.
05-13-2016, 11:53 PM,
I have made contact with my two opponents, casebier and Pinetree.

We should be off and running this weekend or early next week.
"I only ride 'em. I don't know what makes 'em work."

-- Oddball