• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

WINDOWS 10
01-10-2016, 12:57 PM,
WINDOWS 10
Any problems running the John Tiller Napoleonics with Win 10?
Quote this message in a reply
01-10-2016, 02:51 PM,
RE: WINDOWS 10
(01-10-2016, 12:57 PM)dragonslayer2001 Wrote: Any problems running the John Tiller Napoleonics with Win 10?

Not had any
01-10-2016, 08:27 PM,
There has been no issues with running the titles once they are in the correct location within windows, the older disc's by default install the titles to within Programme files which worked on XP but does not on Win10, so if you are installing an old title from disc be aware that at the point during installation it asks if you wish to install to the default or a custom location you need to look at the default location and if that is within programme files you need to click Custom and manually browse to a HPS/JTS folder on your C drive.

The newer disc's and digital D/L don't have this issue, for example I DL JTS East Prussia 14 and just allowed it to install to default location on the C drive, but when i installed HPS France 14 from a disc I had to browse to the same location on my C drive as EP14 to ensure it located to the correct place. Wink
01-11-2016, 02:42 AM,
(01-10-2016, 08:27 PM)Mr Grumpy Wrote: There has been no issues with running the titles once they are in the correct location within windows, the older disc's by default install the titles to within Programme files which worked on XP but does not on Win10, so if you are installing an old title from disc be aware that at the point during installation it asks if you wish to install to the default or a custom location you need to look at the default location and if that is within programme files you need to click Custom and manually browse to a HPS/JTS folder on your C drive.

The newer disc's and digital D/L don't have this issue, for example I DL JTS East Prussia 14 and just allowed it to install to default location on the C drive, but when i installed HPS France 14 from a disc I had to browse to the same location on my C drive as EP14 to ensure it located to the correct place. Wink

Excellent.  Thanks.