• Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Upgraded to WIN 10 - Graphics Scrolling Issue
01-10-2016, 03:00 AM,
Help  Upgraded to WIN 10 - Graphics Scrolling Issue
Gentlemen,

I upgraded from Windows 8 to Windows 10 and now there's a problem with the graphics and scrolling to the point that I can't even play a turn. Everything is lagged and plays too choppy to properly select units to move or fight. I tried setting the compatibility on the .exe...no change, and tried my damn'dness to find a way to disable desktop composition, but no luck.
Any ideas to help me fix this would be appreciated? Google couldn't help me Lighting2
Quote this message in a reply
01-10-2016, 03:29 AM,
RE: Upgraded to WIN 10 - Graphics Scrolling Issue
Do you happen to have a Toshiba computer? My laptop is a Toshiba and when I went to 10 my Squad Battles games became pretty much unplayable. My HP desktop worked fine after the conversion. Talked to Rich at JTS and let him know, said he hadn't heard of anyone else with issues....this was over the summer.
Site Commander: Task Force Echo 4
01-10-2016, 04:17 AM,
This from Matrix Forum-http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=3958155

Seems to maybe be a problem sometimes with laptops? Update vid drivers and such as well?
Meine Ehre heisst Treue

http://www.cslegion.com/
01-10-2016, 05:55 AM,
Sorry to hear about this Jim. Unfortunately does not run a bell. Everything else working OK with your laptop?

Maybe just uninstall the game, and install again at default folder C:/Matrix Games and so forth. But do check the display drivers too before doing that.

I am running everything under no special settings with my W10 desktop. Desktop composition was a W8 thing I believe, no such thing with W10, at least I haven't found either. Should not make a difference.
Visit us at CSLegion.com
01-11-2016, 02:52 PM,
Thanks everyone-

Big Red One: I have a Sony Vaio.

Warhorse: I may just go back to Windows 8 somehow. I'll update drivers and give it a try first.

Battle Cat: Everything else is working normally as far as I can tell for the moment. I can try to re-install, but that's always a pain because of my modded .bmp files (many).

For now, I'm on hold with my games-
01-11-2016, 04:20 PM,
I fixed the problem by restoring my older version of Windows 8.1.

No problems now.

Thanks for the help-
01-12-2016, 05:04 AM,
Good to hear! W10 while an improvement does seem to have its teething issues. While I am having no issues with my desktop being upgraded, I am keeping my old laptop I use as a backup system in W7.
Visit us at CSLegion.com
01-13-2016, 12:27 AM,
Luckily my SB still works on my desktop, otherwise I'd have been uninstalling 10 as well, which is a shame since I think it's head and shoulders better than 8.

Every other program I have on my laptop works fine, save SB. Strange.
Site Commander: Task Force Echo 4