• Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

new CM1 Hi-res graphics -> rocks
01-08-2016, 07:46 AM,
new CM1 Hi-res graphics -> rocks
Hi,

Since CM2 has been released, we notice a great difference in the quality of graphics between CM1 and CM2 due to the poor resolution used in CM1. But i don't want the death of CM1 due to this point.

Fortunetly, new hi-res graphics can easily be used in CM1, giving the game a second life. I use them for elements of terrain (buildings, marsh, trees...) and they really enhance the game !

Many mods already exist which offer Hi-res graphics (here for exemple : http://cmx1mods.greenasjade.net/)
Furthermore, I sometimes create some (only elements of terrain or buildings as it is a very long and hard to modify unit's graphics) and i include them in my game. For exemple, here is my proposal of Hi-res rocks and their basis.

BEFORE -> Low-res rock (standard graphics 192Ko) :
[Image: rocksLRbefore.jpg]

AFTER -> Hi-res rocks (785 Ko) and its rocky ground (1,44 Mo) :
[Image: rocks%20HR%20after.jpg]

Unfortunetly, the forum does not allow to attach the files whose size is more than 500Ko. and the zipped files are not allowed. But may be there is a way to upload a file such BMP>500Ko or zipped files than i don't know.

So, if you want to use these graphics, send me a private message and i will send it to you by email.
This mod does not include snowy rocks.

Enjoy !
Idiots dare everything. That is the way to recognize them (Michel Audiard)
Quote this message in a reply
04-24-2016, 12:38 PM,
RE: new CM1 Hi-res graphics -> rocks
you could use Dropbox. Do you have any other Hi Res mods?
04-29-2016, 06:29 PM,
Don't have any problems with the graphics of CM1 (CMBB/AK) myself and I've got the later patched 3.12 version of CMBN and couple of the addons, like Commonwealth and Market Garden. Would like to know if there is *ANY* kind of mod to upgrade the terrain graphics of CMBO to at least as good as how BB/AK are.

Would like to play some BO again, just the graphics are so appalling as compared to BB/AK it's not worth the eye torture.
05-02-2016, 12:33 AM, (This post was last modified: 05-02-2016, 12:35 AM by Westland.)
@johnsilver

Copy the textures of CMBB or CMAK to CMBO.

OLD

[Image: 7e68pprg.jpg]

NEW

[Image: hzvdqzy8.jpg]
05-05-2016, 06:52 AM,
I have been an avid player of the CMx1 games, specifically CMBO, for about 3 years now; and although I'm a relative new comer to the community that plays these games, I still think they are about the best strategy games on the market compared to today's standards. Even though many dislike CMBO nowadays compared to CMBB and CMAK, I think it still has a lot to offer and especially when providing modifications to the graphics such as these, it greatly enhances the game to the standard set by its successors. Anyways I just wanted to say that I think starting this thread and getting word out to people about these mods is a very good thing to do, especially considering this is the only North Western Front game of the original series and it shouldn't be neglected or forgotten.
If you can't beat it, join it.
05-06-2016, 04:51 PM,
(05-02-2016, 12:33 AM)Westland Wrote: @johnsilver

Copy the textures of CMBB or CMAK to CMBO.

OLD

[Image: 7e68pprg.jpg]

NEW

[Image: hzvdqzy8.jpg]

Thanks for that Westland. Now that you mention.. Seems remember can cross txture between most of the 3.. Cheers for the HUGE reminder and fix for most of what remember as biggest fault to CMBO!

I should have asked you that question several months back when we played a couple of games..

Cheers,
JS
05-17-2016, 05:08 AM,
CMAK CMBB
After several years away from Combat Mission I'd like to play CMAK and CMBB again.  However, my old versions will not play correctly.  What is the most efficient and cost effective method to get back in to these fine games?
05-17-2016, 09:20 AM,
I would highly suggest purchasing CMBB on amazon.com if you are in the US, if not, you'll have to purchase from battlefront.com, which in that case I'd get the CMBB and CMAK bundle. I would also suggest if you happen to be ordering from amazon.com to purchase CMBO there as well, as CMBB and CMBO are both cheaply priced there.
If you can't beat it, join it.
05-18-2016, 07:25 PM,
Agreed. Left around 2004, then came back and it's just as much fun now as it was back then.

I got one of the newer.. More 3D oriented CM's (CMBN), along with 2 of the expansion packs, but still think both CMBB and CMAK are superior products in my estimation.
05-19-2016, 12:06 AM,
(05-18-2016, 07:25 PM)johnsilver Wrote: Agreed. Left around 2004, then came back and it's just as much fun now as it was back then.

I got one of the newer.. More 3D oriented CM's (CMBN), along with 2 of the expansion packs, but still think both CMBB and CMAK are superior products in my estimation.

Interesting.  Clearly there are still lots of people who play the CM1 games.  May I ask what you prefer in CMBB and CMAK over the newer CMBN?  I am genuinely curious how people feel.
Author of: Whose Turn Is It? - http://www.lesliesoftware.com/products/WhoseTurnIsIt / CMFI Sicily Pathfinders(not playable H2H) / CMBS Opportunity Knocks (scenarios, maps and mods here)