• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Understanding Defensive Fire
01-04-2018, 12:53 PM,
RE: Understanding Defensive Fire
As op fire is done when the enemy forces are moving, the amount you moved or fired your units in the previous turn makes no difference. Fire is unlimited and there are no adjustments for remaining MPs from your turn.
[Image: exercise.png]
Quote this message in a reply
01-05-2018, 08:31 AM,
OK, Thx.

Unlimited op fire is a very good idea, but no adjustement for remaingin MPs looks to me a little weird. I guess it is a part of abstraction.

So, 1. if I have an unit which can fire without too many risk of op fire, I fire until I have no more MPs ; 2. if I run to a good position, I can do it at max speed. Of course, it is 30 mn turn, so I suppose it can explain it...

Btw both Panzer Battles are very good (and the demo too) :)
01-05-2018, 11:04 AM,
(01-05-2018, 08:31 AM)LFDLM Wrote: OK, Thx.

Un disparo ilimitado es una muy buena idea, pero no hay ajuste para los MP restantes me parece un poco extraño. Supongo que es parte de la abstracción.

Entonces, 1. si tengo una unidad que puede disparar sin demasiado riesgo de incendio, disparo hasta que no tenga más PM; 2. Si corro a una buena posición, puedo hacerlo a la velocidad máxima. Por supuesto, es 30 minutos a la vuelta, así que supongo que puede explicarlo ... Por cierto,

ambas Batallas Panzer son muy buenas (y la demostración también) :)
01-05-2018, 11:09 AM,
Question. the defensive fire of opportunity tells us the distance at which we want our unit to open fire, I understand that if we make the defending unit shoot as close as possible to an enemy. 1 ° do more damage due to proximity? 2 ° Do you save ammunition by firing less times?
Sorry I got confused before.
01-07-2018, 03:15 AM,
Fire beyond 1 hex range is always modified, the formula is not different for opportunity fire.

The chance of becoming Low Ammo isn't adjusted for how many times you fire, only for if you fire at all. Firing ten times, including opportunity fire, or once leads to the same chance of becoming Low Ammo if the scenario allows for that condition to exist.