• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Feature requests
01-04-2016, 04:38 AM,
RE: Feature requests
(01-03-2016, 11:42 PM)Strela Wrote: If I was going to adjust the Broken and Disrupted symbology (after including Disrupted), I'd probably put the state indicator below the counter as that is still obvious in a stack and won't get confused with the unit type on the left hand side.

Image 1 - Broken (if done I would probably remove the 'giant B')
Image 2 - Broken in travel mode
Image 3 - Broken in a stack
Image 4 - Possible Disrupted indicator

David

Good idea, would like to see that ingame !
Quote this message in a reply
01-05-2016, 10:08 AM,
FWIW, the Place All feature in FWWC does work with opportunity fire. If something gets shot at, then it executes the fire, and proceeds onward with the placement of all units. What it really does is just quickly put out all the units by skipping the clicking, but it is really do different than if you were clicking the dialog on each unit every nanosecond.

I am not advocating one way or another here, just saying the Place All does not skip opportunity fire. :)
Send this user an email
01-14-2016, 03:59 AM,
Quote:s I think I may know what is causing this.

A unit that is recon spotted may begin to fire in it's own defense from that point on - despite being unaware it has been recon spotted. This only happens when a ground based recon does the spotting (not recon aircraft). This will happen even if the fire range is set to never. It will only fire at a unit in it's LOS from my experience to date

I talked this through with John and he was concerned that by forcing a unit to maintain the never status after being spotted might create some screwy situations. The assumption was that usually once spotted a unit would be fired on and it would normally drop the op fire rating.

DogSoldier you can test this with the Kursk test file I sent you today...

David

I've had another instance where an artillery unit that I specifically told not to fire, fired during the enemy turn, and it didn't involve recon spotting.

The unit was spotted by counterbattery fire, so maybe that matters, but it's very annoying to have artillery expose themselves to counterbattery fire spotting when you tell them not to fire.

Some scenarios have defending artillery units close to the frontline for unclear reasons, like in the Operation Epsom Day 1 game I'm currently playing, and it increases losses from counterbattery fire. It could be that the positions are historical, I just find it odd that the Nebelwerfers and even the howitzers are located just ~3 kilometres from the initial frontline.

With interdiction at 15%, it's costly to move them and with high counterbattery spotting chances due to how close they are to enemy units, it's costly for them to fire. Without being able to tell them not to fire in a way that "sticks", the units will take severe losses even more quickly.
01-15-2016, 12:22 AM,
Myself, my needs are more mundane...

More hot keys! I'd like to see keys for Recon spotting, move to top of stack, move to bottom of stack, and a few more if you give me a minute.

I'd like a "HQ's on top" selection.

I'd like mines and obstacles to remain on the map when you turn off units (like they do in PzC). This makes it easier to see which hexes have these features and which don't.

There's more, but I forgot it...
01-15-2016, 01:20 AM,
I´d like to see the hotkeys indicated in every button of the toolbar. Also make usable all the functions of the help menu (user manual, general help...).
01-15-2016, 01:26 AM,
We get a note on the engineers that are clearing mines. How about a marker for the hex that says cleared when they are done and move on?
01-15-2016, 08:30 AM,
(01-03-2016, 10:10 PM)wiggum Wrote: Another idea for a UI improvement:

More shortcut icons !
[Image: YdzKOGI.png]
I think you can safely assume that 95%+ of the players use a widescreen monitor.
There is a lot of unused space on the right side so why not place a few more shortcut icons ?
Stuff like "Shade->Maximum Range", "Hex Outlines", "Special Markers On Top"...

Great idea!
01-17-2016, 02:57 AM,
Ooo, another hot key -- Save Movement Costs. Such a valuable function.
01-17-2016, 11:36 AM,
And another: How 'bout listing deleted units? You list removed units. but it would save some searching time if you also listed deleted units.
01-18-2016, 11:03 PM,
(01-15-2016, 12:22 AM)chrisp Wrote: Myself, my needs are more mundane...

More hot keys! I'd like to see keys for Recon spotting, move to top of stack, move to bottom of stack, and a few more if you give me a minute.

I'd like a "HQ's on top" selection.

There's more, but I forgot it...

Does switching units to the top of a hex make any real game differences or is it just for display purposes? 

In my pbem game I usually have two identical units from the same Division stacked and he has targeted one of them and fatigued it badly but not disrupted it during his turn. I usually switch them around in my turn in the hope that he continues to select the top unit or whatever one he selected last turn, and thus spread out my losses between the two units.

I also stack non artillery units (HQ's usually or A/A) with my artillery and make sure they are the top units in the belief/hope that counterbattery fire hits the top unit first.......maybe this is a PzC myth?