• Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Planning Help - Possible Spoiler for Misery at le Mesnil
01-03-2016, 02:39 AM,
Planning Help - Possible Spoiler for Misery at le Mesnil

.jpg   Mesnil-2.JPG (Size: 318.81 KB / Downloads: 17) Hello:

Looking for planning help here. I went up the middle but got stuck fighting improved hexes. Now wondering, given the number of tanks I have, should I have moved the tanks to the S and N of the pic to spread the enemy?

In situations like this do you go through the minefields or spend time going around.

Have Priests for artillery but his 80mm Mortars are getting way more joy, even when I fire at units in the open or in a field.

Thanks for any advice,

Gerry
Quote this message in a reply
01-03-2016, 03:27 AM,
RE: Planning Help - Possible Spoiler for Misery at le Mesnil
(01-03-2016, 02:39 AM)GerryM Wrote: Hello:

Looking for planning help here. I went up the middle but got stuck fighting improved hexes. Now wondering, given the number of tanks I have, should I have moved the tanks to the S and N of the pic to spread the enemy?

In situations like this do you go through the minefields or spend time going around.

Have Priests for artillery but his 80mm Mortars are getting way more joy, even when I fire at units in the open or in a field.

Thanks for any advice,

Gerry

Gerry, here's an AAR I wrote up on this scenario soon after I bought the game. Basically I went around the mines through Norrey but then also tried north and south. 

http://panzerde.blogspot.com/2015/12/can...patry.html

I've since tried this differently using the tanks for direct fire and infantry to assault and managed a minor victory.
01-03-2016, 10:02 AM,
Thanks Doug.

I see you only took one 10-point objective but still got a draw. I assume you took care with your tanks and infantry so his points would not build up?
01-03-2016, 10:30 AM,
(01-03-2016, 10:02 AM)GerryM Wrote: Thanks Doug.

I see you only took one 10-point objective but still got a draw. I assume you took care with your tanks and infantry so his points would not build up?

I lost less than 100 men and nine tanks, the Germans lost about twice as many men as I did and also nine tanks. In a subsequent attempt I was able to pretty easily grab a second 10 point objective and get a minor victory. 

Having played a bit more now, I think I need to try this one again and see if I can grab the village objective...