• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Good beginner scenarios for Normandy
01-01-2016, 03:55 PM, (This post was last modified: 01-05-2016, 12:50 AM by FroBodine.)
Good beginner scenarios for Normandy
Hi all,

I just bought Panzer Battles: Normandy, and am working my way through the tutorials a couple times.

What is a good couple of scenarios to start with after the tutorials?  I know I can just pick a small one, but I'm sure there are some that are favorites of the group.

I would like to get in a few beginning games vs. the AI before I jump into the ladder and Boot Camp.

Thanks in advance!

-=Jeff
"I only ride 'em. I don't know what makes 'em work."

-- Oddball
Quote this message in a reply
01-05-2016, 12:49 AM, (This post was last modified: 01-05-2016, 12:51 AM by FroBodine.)
RE: Good beginner scenarios for Normandy
Hello all - I thought I would ask just one more time.

Thanks!

-- Oddball
01-05-2016, 01:13 AM,
Sorry saw your original message while working and forgot to follow up from home. There is an excellent scenario that covers Wittman and Villers Bocage but I don't remember the name. Look for it by date maybe or I will try to remember to look when I get home.
[Image: exercise.png]
01-05-2016, 01:23 AM,
I am a beginner also and have played two scenarios: 1) Hill 285 (small but challenging because it's one fortified victory hex with lots of bocage on map and 2) le Mesnil -Patry which is a bit bigger, more objective hexes, little bocage and more open terrain - lots of tanks.

Both are manageable I think.
01-05-2016, 07:24 AM,
Thank you both. I will definitely check out these three scenarios.

Gerry - since you're also new, have you played any head-to-head Normandy games yet? Are you interested in a game to get me out of boot camp once I have played just a bit more? Perhaps later this week or this weekend for a smallish game to start?

If not, no biggie. It's always pretty easy to find a game here.

-=Jeff

-- Oddball
01-05-2016, 09:25 AM,
(01-05-2016, 07:24 AM)FroBodine Wrote: Thank you both.  I will definitely check out these three scenarios.

Gerry - since you're also new, have you played any head-to-head Normandy games yet?  Are you interested in a game to get me out of boot camp once I have played just a bit more?  Perhaps later this week or this weekend for a smallish game to start?

If not, no biggie.  It's always pretty easy to find a game here.

-=Jeff

Jeff:

I just sent you a PM.

Gerry