• Downloads

Optional Surrender - question
12-30-2015, 07:11 AM,
Optional Surrender - question
"Optional Surrender – when this rule is selected, then Broken units which
have been assaulted and have lost the assault, but have no valid retreat, are
eliminated."

So what does this rule actually do ?

I mean, if this rule is not activated, what would broken unit that is assaulted and lost the assault but has no way to retreat do ?
Just stay there ?
Sorry, this optional rule sounds like it should be a standard rule or maybe i dont understand correctly what happens in this situation when the rule is not applied.
Quote this message in a reply
12-30-2015, 08:34 AM, (This post was last modified: 12-30-2015, 08:36 AM by Strela.)
RE: Optional Surrender - question
(12-30-2015, 07:11 AM)wiggum Wrote: "Optional Surrender – when this rule is selected, then Broken units which
have been assaulted and have lost the assault, but have no valid retreat, are
eliminated."

So what does this rule actually do ?

I mean, if this rule is not activated, what would broken unit that is assaulted and lost the assault but has no way to retreat do ?
Just stay there ?
Sorry, this optional rule sounds like it should be a standard rule or maybe i dont understand correctly what happens in this situation when the rule is not applied.

With this rule activated all broken units will surrender at once. Normally you lose 50% of their strength per turn. 

Using this rule will normally negatively impact the defender and see them lose positions quicker.

I know many of your questions are related to bunkers and their occupants. A lot of players struggled with this in Kursk but once shown, understood how to tackle them. As RickyB said in a previous threads, some bunkers held out for days (including at Utah) and if we weaken them too much you will never get the variability that historically happened.

David

Ps Obviously the inclusion of this rule allows you to play with it, just be aware we didn't test with it on.
Quote this message in a reply