• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Fortified Position Again - Getting Started Hill 192
01-09-2016, 09:24 AM,
Fortified Position Again - Getting Started Hill 192
I have won other scenarios but in 2 attempts I have not won the getting started scenario. Both times the units in Kraut's Corner did not disrupt. Has this happened to anyone else? (In the tutorial they are disrupted by turn 3.)

I fire as much artillery at them as I am allowed. I read where the only hexes worth firing from are 2,8 and 3,8. But it is pretty lethal getting there.

I got 12 Shermans up on the ridge (4,7) so at least they would not have a height penalty. Almost no effect firing at 2 hexes versus the entrenched Kraut Corner.
Quote this message in a reply
01-10-2016, 03:49 AM,
RE: Fortified Position Again - Getting Started Hill 192
I think Strela said he will look into the whole "Fortified Positions" thing as many already have made the same complains.
01-10-2016, 10:54 AM,
I managed to get a minor victory, I finally managed to get them to retreat off Kraut Corner on the second last turn after the 3rd or 4th assault. I don't think they ever disrupted. I got the tanks up on the ridge as well and had them fire at the infantry in the open.They basically wiped them out and broke.
Gen. Montgomery: "Your men don't salute much."
Gen. Freyberg: "Well, if you wave at them they'll usually wave back."
01-11-2016, 04:04 AM,
(01-10-2016, 10:54 AM)Pinetree Wrote: I managed to get a minor victory, I finally managed to get them to retreat off Kraut Corner on the second last turn after the 3rd or 4th assault. I don't think they ever disrupted. I got the tanks up on the ridge as well and had them fire at the infantry in the open.They basically wiped them out and broke.

That's pretty much the trick to it. It is very unlikely that the company of FJ in that position are going to disrupt. It can happen, but if you wait for it before assaulting you'll run out the clock. Get fire superiority on the ridge and blast them, then assault. Push them out of the position and then shoot them to pieces.