• Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

ME
01-06-2016, 01:33 AM,
RE: ME
(01-05-2016, 11:07 PM)RADO Wrote:
(01-05-2016, 11:00 PM)Herr Straße Laufer Wrote: I honestly think the potential to go the way of Arab Israeli Wars and Divided Ground is there more so than being in the category of the Campaign Series.
I do not think I have played a single scenario, historical or otherwise, that is not skewed to one side.
And, to think that they had play testers who played the scenarios multiple times through multiple adjustments/changes?
Only to have a patch/upgrade come out that altered some scenarios and made them even more unplayable?

I sure would like to see more positive comments.
But, they are sadly not there.
And, tragically/probably for the same reasons.

Farmer

HSL
The same can be said for many EF & WF scenarios. All one has to do is look at the Win/loss column of many of the scenarios out there & it is obvious, even to a newcomer, how lop sided many scenario's are out there. This will always be an issue as what is a fair & or unbalanced scenario is somewhat subjective. It would be better to figure out a handicap system, based on player win/loss records than it would be to go back & change scenarios. Even then, just which options were being played determines a lot of wins & losses. Middle East is a great game. Long awaited & they have done a great job.

Thank you for your kind comment Rado. You raise a good point about play balance. 

One obvious solution would be to play always a mirrored game, but I for one don't much like them for I like to approach scenarios playing them blind, not having knowledge of the exact whereabouts or often times even composition of hostile forces. 

It is early days but hopefully soon the Blitz Scenario Database will have more statistics which battles are working especially within a competitive ladder as is the case here. Rating combines both Enjoyment and Balance right, so it does often tell a lot about a certain scenario. 

Here's the current ratings, the good the bad the ugly as they currently stand. I often have a look at them for all the titles, with detailed comments they are a first class feedback for a scenario designer. 

I put a post out there to request just this type of detailed feedback for it is appreciated for sure. Maybe we would need to setup a CS Middle East tournament to have even more games recorded in the database  Helmet Smile

[Image: blitz_csmeratings20150105.JPG]
Visit us at CSLegion.com
Quote this message in a reply
01-06-2016, 01:37 AM,
(01-04-2016, 04:52 AM)zap Wrote: So far I have decided to not purchase this title(prefer WWII) but I would like to support so I am planning the purchase of the East Front/West Front.

If I took a chance on this Title, I would need Hypothetical scenarios balanced out because enjoyment for me is more important then historical scenarios.

Hello Zap, thanks for your input as well! There is a few hypothetical scenarios included, more came out with 1.01, and looking at the ratings (while acknowledging yes it is early days still) the Tournament scenarios seemed to be received well. 

Jason created a set of Teaching Scenarios, with similar opposite forces, one each for 1948, 1956, 1967, 1973 and 1982 units. 

Might be cool to have a Tournament scenario setting in a similar manner, with say two opposing Mech Bdes from each era. Same map, same objectives, but quite a different tactics required!
Visit us at CSLegion.com
01-07-2016, 12:35 AM,
(01-06-2016, 01:33 AM)Battle Kat Wrote:
(01-05-2016, 11:07 PM)RADO Wrote:
(01-05-2016, 11:00 PM)Herr Straße Laufer Wrote: I honestly think the potential to go the way of Arab Israeli Wars and Divided Ground is there more so than being in the category of the Campaign Series.
I do not think I have played a single scenario, historical or otherwise, that is not skewed to one side.
And, to think that they had play testers who played the scenarios multiple times through multiple adjustments/changes?
Only to have a patch/upgrade come out that altered some scenarios and made them even more unplayable?

I sure would like to see more positive comments.
But, they are sadly not there.
And, tragically/probably for the same reasons.

Farmer

HSL
The same can be said for many EF & WF scenarios. All one has to do is look at the Win/loss column of many of the scenarios out there & it is obvious, even to a newcomer, how lop sided many scenario's are out there. This will always be an issue as what is a fair & or unbalanced scenario is somewhat subjective. It would be better to figure out a handicap system, based on player win/loss records than it would be to go back & change scenarios. Even then, just which options were being played determines a lot of wins & losses. Middle East is a great game. Long awaited & they have done a great job.

Thank you for your kind comment Rado. You raise a good point about play balance. 

One obvious solution would be to play always a mirrored game, but I for one don't much like them for I like to approach scenarios playing them blind, not having knowledge of the exact whereabouts or often times even composition of hostile forces. 

It is early days but hopefully soon the Blitz Scenario Database will have more statistics which battles are working especially within a competitive ladder as is the case here. Rating combines both Enjoyment and Balance right, so it does often tell a lot about a certain scenario. 

Here's the current ratings, the good the bad the ugly as they currently stand. I often have a look at them for all the titles, with detailed comments they are a first class feedback for a scenario designer. 

I put a post out there to request just this type of detailed feedback for it is appreciated for sure. Maybe we would need to setup a CS Middle East tournament to have even more games recorded in the database  Helmet Smile

[Image: blitz_csmeratings20150105.JPG]

If you start up an ME tournament, count me in. Can't wait!
Send this user an email