• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Is there a campaign for BOK?
12-23-2015, 05:52 AM,
Is there a campaign for BOK?
Hi, I haven't played BOK in quite awhile and upgraded to Windows 10 during the summer with a few problems. EVerything works, but the entries in the start menu are lacking for John Tiller games. Consequently I make shortcuts for the games and send them to my desktop. After getting BON recently and making the shortcuts I realized I hadn't made shortcuts for BOK. I see there's a campaign for BON and I sure thought I remembered a campaign for BOK, but can't find the file to create a shortcut from. Is there a campaign for BOK?
Quote this message in a reply
12-23-2015, 05:56 AM,
RE: Is there a campaign for BOK?
Not at the moment, although there are often multiple scenarios covering a single day in each sector which could be played in sequence like we're doing for the tournament.
12-23-2015, 06:00 AM,
ok thanks! For some reason I sure thought I remembered a campaign.
12-23-2015, 06:02 AM,
Hi Mesquite,

There isn't a campaign for BOK at this point of time. The BON campaign exes can be used in BOK from memory.

We also spoke to John about the issue creating short cuts on a Windows 8/10.

There isn't a simple fix, but RickyB has a work around that he will hopefully post here.

David
12-23-2015, 10:51 AM,
I don't know if it is the same issue, but for my, under Win 10, all the John Tiller Software games are listed under All Apps-John Tiller Software, so I can't tell Main Program #1 from Main Program #5 or anything in between.

What I found is that the All Apps link will display all shortcuts under the folder name directly in the path under Local Disk>ProgramData>Microsoft>Windows>Start Menu>Programs> So John Tiller Software start menu entries that are in the game folders under this location show up under John Tiller.... which isn't very useful, even though they are in separate folders. By opening John Tiller Software from this location, I was able to copy each game folder there and place it under Programs in this path. As this point all show separately, by name, under All Apps. Also, I was able to copy these shortcuts at the game folder level and paste into a Shortcuts folder I have for all of the HPS and JTS games.

Hope this helps someone, if needed. I can send a document with screenshots showing what I am talking about, to anyone wanting to see that.

Rick
[Image: exercise.png]
12-24-2015, 06:27 AM,
(12-23-2015, 10:51 AM)Ricky B Wrote: I don't know if it is the same issue, but for my, under Win 10, all the John Tiller Software games are listed under All Apps-John Tiller Software, so I can't tell Main Program #1 from Main Program #5 or anything in between.

What I found is that the All Apps link will display all shortcuts under the folder name directly in the path under Local Disk>ProgramData>Microsoft>Windows>Start Menu>Programs> So John Tiller Software start menu entries that are in the game folders under this location show up under John Tiller.... which isn't very useful, even though they are in separate folders. By opening John Tiller Software from this location, I was able to copy each game folder there and place it under Programs in this path. As this point all show separately, by name, under All Apps. Also, I was able to copy these shortcuts at the game folder level and paste into a Shortcuts folder I have for all of the HPS and JTS games.

Hope this helps someone, if needed. I can send a document with screenshots showing what I am talking about, to anyone wanting to see that.

Rick

Yes could you send me that? I followed along with some of it.Sounds like it would save some room on my desktop :)
[email protected]
12-24-2015, 06:30 AM,
Sure send me a message as I'm at work and this message won't come again.
[Image: exercise.png]