• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Checksum errors in BoN
12-23-2015, 04:07 AM,
Checksum errors in BoN
In two out of my four PBEM scenarios thus far, checksum errors appeared either for me or my opponent.

Does anyone have any clues as to what might prompt the system to detect unchanged files as changed and give the error messages?
Quote this message in a reply
12-23-2015, 05:26 AM,
RE: Checksum errors in BoN
I believe I got that error when, half way through doing my PBEM move I broke off, and selected 'PBEM Encryption' from the settings drop down. I had forgot to select it at start, remembered, selected it mid game. Then, immediately afterwards, I saved the game half way through my move, left it. Came back to it and got the checksum errors you mention saying files had been altered. It may be that selecting 'PBEM Encryption' half way through the move had nothing to do with it, but I mention it here because that was the order of actions which led to the errors, so as those who might wish to check out this problem know.

Peter
12-23-2015, 08:47 PM,
If you have a game file that can be used to replicate the error please send it to [email protected]
12-24-2015, 12:36 AM,
I don't, sorry.
12-24-2015, 03:33 AM,
In the game where I'm getting checksum errors on my end, I haven't made a move yet.

Landser34 sent me a first turn and it gives checksum errors upon opening it, so I don't think I can replicate the cause on my end.
12-24-2015, 10:18 AM,
(12-24-2015, 03:33 AM)ComradeP Wrote: In the game where I'm getting checksum errors on my end, I haven't made a move yet.

Landser34 sent me a first turn and it gives checksum errors upon opening it, so I don't think I can replicate the cause on my end.

Dennis was on the play test team.

Dennis do you have a new clean install? If you're not using the last and final build the checksum issue could arise.

David
12-24-2015, 06:47 PM,
But I was playing ComradeP, David, not landser34.
Peter
12-24-2015, 10:41 PM, (This post was last modified: 12-24-2015, 10:42 PM by ComradeP.)
I did have the PBEM encryption turned off and later on after restarting the game before starting our Caumont game phoenix, so maybe that was what caused it for us.

As long as it doesn't corrupt the save file, it's not a big deal. I trust the people I'm playing against currently.
12-26-2015, 02:42 PM,
I'm not able to replicate this issue at this time. If someone can get a repeatable situation please drop me a line at the Support account.