• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Manual date
12-21-2015, 07:57 AM,
Manual date
Looking for a confirmation concerning the latest User Manual revision date of February 24, 2014.
Quote this message in a reply
12-21-2015, 08:37 AM,
RE: Manual date
(12-21-2015, 07:57 AM)Rook Wrote: Looking for a confirmation concerning the latest User Manual revision date of February 24, 2014.

Yes.

To be honest we missed updating the manual in time to make a pre-xmas release. We're working on that now...

David
12-21-2015, 12:43 PM,
So ..... wait a bit before jumping into the series?

Is this a good title to jump from Squad Battles? Fair bit of experience there, but absolutely no Panzer Campaigns experience.

I probably ought stay away.
12-21-2015, 09:45 PM,
(12-21-2015, 12:43 PM)Stejones82 Wrote: So ..... wait a bit before jumping into the series?  

Is this a good title to jump from Squad Battles?  Fair bit of experience there, but absolutely no Panzer Campaigns experience.  

Stejones82,

If it's the manual stopping you jumping in then don't use that as an excuse... There is not that much missing and the Getting Started Tutorials do a good job of showing what might be missing from the manual.

As far as Squad Battles experience, Jeff Conner of Squad Battles Falklands and Grenada fame, designed quite a number of the Normandy scenarios. It might be worth you while posting in the Squad Battles forum for Jeff's opinion on the similarities and differences. 

Finally, if we have our way we may get a demo together of the system so its easier to try before you buy = that's not imminent but hopefully it will become a reality one day.

David
12-22-2015, 12:55 AM,
(12-21-2015, 12:43 PM)Stejones82 Wrote: So ..... wait a bit before jumping into the series?  

Is this a good title to jump from Squad Battles?  Fair bit of experience there, but absolutely no Panzer Campaigns experience.  

I consider myself a greenhorn in the PzB series.

I also own Kursk however, I only played it three times, and it has been so long ago, I don't remember anything I had learned, so I am "starting over" with Normandy, which covers one of my top favorite theaters in WWII (I have never had much interest in the Eastern Theater).

For me, the "hardest part" in learning the new PzB system is trying to forget how SB and PzC systems work since it is sometimes easy to forget that while playing PzB Normandy, I am not playing a SB or PzC game! Smile

Since you only know the SB series, you may have an easier time learning than someone who also is familiar with the PzC series.

If you are wanting to try the series for the first time, I would highly suggest picking up PzB Normandy and play through the three Getting Started scenarios a few times.

If you decide to do it "right" and first get a good understanding of the PzB series basics, you will enjoy the game and series alot more when you start playing your PBEM games.

BTW, from what I have read, even some of the Kursk and Eastern Theater junkies are raving about how great this new Normandy title is.

So get PzB Normandy and join the party!   Mex Big Grin
12-22-2015, 05:20 AM,
[quote pid='406716' dateline='1450709737']

So get PzB Normandy and join the party!   Mex Big Grin
[/quote]

Aye Aye Sir!